Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Is it true that CAFFEINE can inhibit fusion? (m)..

Comments

• ....Lipton or Long Island? Either way, a gallon sounds about right! :O
  • Here ya go.

Dandelion Wine
    Dandelion wine does not require any special equipment to make. Just dandelions, some sugar and yeast, oranges and lemons, and pots to boil water in. This recipe uses cloves, which I think give it a nice touch. If you have dandelions around, give it a try!

* 1 package dried yeast
    * 1/4 cup warm water
    * 2 quarts dandelion blossoms
    * 4 quarts water
    * 1 cup orange juice
    * 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    * 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    * 8 whole cloves
    * 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
    * 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped orange peel
    * 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped lemon peel
    * 6 cups sugar

Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Set aside.

Wash the dandelion blossoms well. Put them in the water with the orange, lemon and lime juices. Add the cloves, ginger, orange and lemon peel, and sugar. Bring to a boil and continue to boil for an hour. Strain through filter paper (coffee filters work great). Cool. While still warm (but not hot), stir in the yeast.

Let stand overnight and pour into bottles. Allow uncorked bottles to set in a darkened place for three weeks. Then cork and store bottles in a cool place. Makes about 4 quarts.
  • advertisement
  • The weather has been cold enough now so they're all gone so I'll look in a whole foods store for them. I bet they would have them. But what is Dulse?
  • hey . . .don't forget leafy greens . . ex. spinach. :-C
  • Tonya:

I probably had my first bone density test when I was about 50. They do one on your foot, but the DEXA test is better. I now have the DEXA every two years. I take Caltrate, one AM one PM, a total of 1200 mg. It also has 800 iu. vitamin D in two tablets. I would think the Caltrate would be much cheaper (than the things you bought) in the long run. My doctor told me to take it.

Ellen
  • advertisement
advertisement