Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

72hrs until 2nd fusion

VickiVVicki Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
After 6 months of suffering my time is almost here for my fusion. No hip bone is being used. I wouldn't do that again if my life depended on it. But, I have been anxious beyond words and now I'm raging. I guess it's a self defense mechanism so I don't just totally freak out. Been there/done this b4 and I know what I'm headed into- which makes it just that much worse. Keep me in mind Thursday as they take me apart and put me back together with those rods. I also have a spinal cyst and it's wrapped in nerves- ahhh another treat. Finally and enuf of this already. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
advertisement

Comments

• Yo

It's an adventure!

Good Luck to ya.

Harry
  • I can certainly understand your anxiety at this time. I only had one week to stress on my surgery, and by the Big Day I was absolutely ready for it to happen. I wasn't really nervous that day--just wanted to get the show on the road!

Vicki, we'll certainly be thinking about you and praying for you on Thursday. In the meantime, take care of yourself and be good to you.
  • advertisement
  • Been there before? I surely hope this is a walk in the park!
  • My surgery was moved up to this Thursday also.This is my first fusion but my third back surgery so I guess i've kinda been there.I will right there with ya being taken apart and put back together. :SS :SS
  • I have a 2 level fusion coming up on Friday. I will hold you in high thought (probably literally with the meds, lol)!

One Love,

Stephanie
  • advertisement
  • Good luck Stephanie, Vicki, and Ladybug. I will be sending prayers and positive thoughts for you all on Thursday and Friday. Just think how great it will be to have it all behind you and move forward with your lives. Let us know how you do when you are able, >:D< Cali-Sue
  • Good Luck! Hope everything goes well!
  • I wish the best success for your upcoming surgery. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I appreciate it. I am sure the others do as well.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • to you both.
    I cooked right up to leaving for hospital, just needed something to keep me busy and my mind off things. So find something that grabs you for the last day or two.
    Vicky, dont try to think that this surgery will be as bad or worse then the last. Remember that they have learned a lot in the mean time to it probably will be easier then you think.
    Stay strong and positive :)
    Blessings Sara O:)
advertisement