Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Monday night, sleep tight!!

lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,175
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:25 AM in Sleep Problems
:) almost 10pm here! :$ i have settled in for the night. i have my dog here, my husband, cable tv and the web. it may be a long night but then i can read or take a hot bath. i have a hard time when i am in pain so much already i cannot sleep. I) hope everyone else is settled in as well! Jenny :)
advertisement

Comments

• I hope that you find rest tonight Jenny... >:D<

I'm off to hit the sack myself,and hoping the same for me ☺
  • Jenny, I think you must be having my sympathy pains. >:D< :D Although I am alittle better than I was over the weekend. It stinks the way it comes on so fast, I always have to think "what did I do to bring this one on." Iam sure you do the same.
    It is 12 am and I also am too hurting and unable to sleep.I hope my other buddies were able to fall into that wonderful slumber....
    Jeanette
  • advertisement
  • 4jkasper, so you are in pain as well. :''( it makes for a long night when we can't only not sleep but have severe pain as well. ~X( i am going to try some extra meds and see how that works. i may just doze off on the computor!! =)) you try and get comfortable atleast. stay cozy and baby yourself!! Jenny :)
  • Jenny~
    I see that you are struggling to sleep tonight. I'm sorry that you are in so much pain. I wasn't feeling good to begin with today, but thought I needed to be supermom and get some chores done and WHAM! I get hit by a truck tonight. I can't think of a spot on me that doesn't hurt... To top it all off, got in to a HUGE fight with the spouse. Can't stand him right now, but that's another story. I was able to sleep quite well for a few hours until the dog needed a drink of water and then to tinkle. I hope I can go back to sleep again soon. Tomorrow is a basketball game night and I have to drive an hour and 45 minutes to get there. I may have to break my record and miss one game.
    Hope you get some sleep, dear Jenny, and hope the rest of you are tucked away in your beds all snuggled up!! Night all...
  • trater, overdoing it is a sure way to have extra pain. ~X( sometimes we just have to get some things done and that is that! get deep inside your covers and put the dog close next to you. i hope everyone settles in for the rest of the night. I) you have to get up soon. hope you can make the game but then again are you overdoing it? :? please take care and don't overdo!! your pain is as important as the game. :T almost 4am here and i still cannot sleep. maybe a good nap will do this afternoon. I) sweet dreams! I) Jenny :)
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,349
    I know that when the pain levels creep up a bit, its so hard to get the sleep you really want and need.
    You and I know that there are many of those types of nights and that we also have some better ones.
    Some of the best medicine is exactly what you described.
    Being warm, having your husband close to you, having your dog with the unconditional love. That may not take away the pain, but it can go a long way in dealing with the pain easier.
    Take care
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Jenny I hope that you did get a little rest..maybe you are napping right now I)

My Drs nurse called today with results from my lab work and I have to go back in Thursday..this is my PCP.She says that my cholesterol is up and wants to put me on medication for it!I've had many operations over the years,but I always felt pretty healthy even with my pain and other issues because my bloodwork was always good...great even..now I feel scared.I asked if I could just use a diet,but she said no that it was too high(256).I'm shocked...Just last year it was 163,wth could have happened?I'm beginning to wonder...anyway I'll research this because I only just recieved the call...lol.

Last night I was sick and took a phenergan that was prescribed to me yesterday and I slept so soundly for the first time in ages..I awoke feeling as if my belly was made of cement,but hey,I slept :))(

Be well everyone and take care... :H
  • Hey you might ask about the side effects of cholesterol medication, if you are put on it. I took it for a couple of months and had an increase in pain in my joints. My PM doc said he didn't want me to take it and it was my pharmacist that told me of the side effects... just a thought. I just adjusted my diet and it has slowly came back down to be within normal range.
    Hope you get a good night's sleep!
  • :) girls, i see you are both getting ready for bed and i hope a good night's sleep. I) Robin, i keep my cholesterol in check with my diet. mine was high as well and within several months i was able to bring it within the normal range. anyway, i am just concerned for you!! i worry about the side effects of those meds as well. just keep a close check on yourself!! =)) i hope both of you are able to sleep tonight. I) i will most likely be awake the rest of the night.i got a good nap today so i have that behind me. good night girlfriends!! Jenny :)
  • I'm concerned too about the side effects of those meds,and don't want to add another medication to my list,but until I get this under control I need the meds the Dr says.The nurse called again today and I was going in tom..but doc had to reschedule (fine with me).I told her that if I was going to start a new med that I need to drop one..and it WON'T be my pain meds :))( .Research isn't really helping-I think I'm going to call my pharmacist(lol)He knows everything ;))

We have a new grocery store that opened only 10 minutes from our house(yippie)just today...and I know how lame that sounds...but it saves us a LOT of driving time and I'm excited(LMFAO).Can you believe that..if you knew the OLD me you would be rolling on the floor laughing at that statement.

:| What a difference a decade makes :S

I hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day...and PEACEFUL dreamy night :)))
advertisement