Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

What kind of maintainence or routine do you have when surgery is not an option?

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,584
    i am glad to see that you are researching various treatments to help you when surgery is not an option.

chronic pain does impact us in many ways. its easy to understand the physical part, but the emotional part is much more difficult.

there are a number of threads here that touch upon the subject about chronic pain and its impact to family life:

how do we say thank you

chronic pain and marriage issues

so much more

these are just some of the recent threads. if you used the search facility, you will find many more.
    i do not think there is a person out there living in chronic pain that has not experienced some difficulties with their loved ones.

best way to deal with all of this!
    effective two way communications
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • As long as I am at home I can control my pain,

mostly through core exercises, heat pad and relaxation techniques,

what has helped my spondy is the pelvic tilt,

I also take magnesium citrate to relax muscles,

I have sleep issues so In know that if i begin taking meds they will damage my stomach lining,

which in turn will lead to worse sleep,

the natural approach is very difficult,

but it is based on self reliance,

you are in control.
    Live to Pray
  • advertisement
  • Has anyone tried a back brace to help support the lumbar back?  
  • brianferry, I also have spondylosis and spondylolisthesis, plus lumbar spinal stenosis. I have a nerve being pinched somewhere in my left low back and hip.  I'm not exactly sure where that is.  I have been to physical therapy, but most of what they did was try to strengthen my legs.  I am interested in the exercises you are doing, but I'm not sure how to do them.  What kind of core exercises do you do?  And how do you do a pelvic tilt?  I would like to try those.
advertisement