Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Bad day with chronic pain!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:25 AM in Chronic Pain
:''(
Sitting typing this with my left hand, as the muscle spasms in my right arm have gone into meltdown. Just downed 2 diazipam and waiting for the pain to level out.

Sometimes I wish that I could have a normal day. Dont have time for this tomorrow as I have to attend my pain clinic. And have to somehow get there for my yearly catch up. ~X(

=)) I know that I will make it no matter how much it hurts or how long it takes. Just needed to vent the pain, sorry guys. But sometimes its real hard to talk to those closest to you. Sometimes I wish, sometimes I ask why me, other times I just accept, sometimes I dont. Must most of all I thank my lucky stars that I found this group.

Thanks for listening.

Sue 8} :<
advertisement

Comments

• You are allowed to express your emotions. It does your body no good to hold onto the emotional pain and stresses brought on by your physical pain. They feed off one another. And so I applaud you for being brave enough to tell the truth and let that little bit of poison out.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • I hope it goes well at your pain clinic tomorrow. And I hope you find less pain everyday. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • I know how you feel. I've been down with severe pain since Monday and it has been so bad that I wasn't able to shower. Ugh! I felt so miserable and unable to move, and the pain drained me of any stamina.
    Get well soon >:D<
  • This typing with one hand is more difficult than I thought it would be. Still waiting for the searing pain to pass. Thanks stephanie, your right in that it does help to let it out, even though I feel stupid.

I just get so frustrated when days like these stop me from doing anything uesful. As could not even get dressed today, do any housework or for that matter even think straight.

I hope that tomorrow the Dr can see the pain and actually help. As I can not keep on going like this.

=)) The one good thing to come out of it as im getting better with my left hand, for typing, getting dressed and everyday activities.

And hi charry,fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Thanks

• Sorry to hear that you are in the same boat. Going for a bath would be bliss,i'ii just blame the smell on my cat and hope the hubby does not notice. :))(

Hope that you get well soon and that you get a day soon that allows you to do things. Thanks for the hug. God I type as slow as a snail.

Sue
  • advertisement
  • aww so sorry. im with ya right now. O:) O:)
    lately everyday i just feel like crap. i try to take a pain pill , lay down and BOOM ya think you would be able to rest and you can't. or you end up falling asleep and wake up feeling worse then when you laid down. sound familair??
    i wake up sore, nasueas the whole package.
    i just got up at 4:30 and still at 6pm waiting for the meds to kick in with ice.
    so you vent, rant do anything that helps you.
    cause alot of us are with ya right now in that dept.
    good luck going to pain managment!!!! the trip will be over before ya know it.

huggies for ya!!
    terri >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Im sorry you are having a bad day. This is the best place to vent and I think complaining here actually helps my pain levels. Have a nice hot bath and hot tea and good luck tomorrow.
  • you right in that it helps knowing that there are others who have the same s@@t,sorry for that but hey, sometimes thats how it is. How do we manage to cope I have no idea.

I do know that having you guys here makes a whole world of difference emotionaly. From reading the replys I have already found a strengh to get through this severe flair up.

And that you have made me feel better.

>:D< >:D< >:D< Hugs to you all, and I hope that you find a good day. Here is hoping for tomorow being one of them for all of us

Sue
  • YOUR WELCOME!! >:D< >:D<
    thats why i get on here so much. answering posts gets my mind off my own pain. ok lied not all the way =)) =)) but it does help to a degree. because your right we hate to complain to our families or other halfs. even though they ask all the time how we feel, we don't let them know to the full extent. ;) but hubby has known me so long he can tell by my voice or face no matter how hard i try to hide 8> 8>

i don't know what the weather is like where your at, but its in the 20's 30's here and that wreaks havic on us all. no matter what type of pain we are experiencing.
    so HEATING BLANKET here i come soon :X :X :X iv gone through so many i hope santa brings me a new one <:P <:P <:P <br />
    you hang in there girl!!! your NEVER EVER alone and im glad that we can make you feel better even if for a little while O:) >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Pixie's right- it does make a difference when you know you are not alone. And it's nice to communicate with someone who's battling with the same thing. How about a group hug
    >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.