Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Back to work in 8 hours

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well the day is almost here. I am going back to my job as a RN in the morning. I am 3 1/2 months post fusion. I got my xray done this morning, and not official yet, but I think I see some fusion =D> While I know it is good news to be able to return to work, I am a little apprehensive. I am going to be extra careful for sure. So I better get off here and try to get some sleep I) I) I) Take care everyone and have a great Friday, >:D< Cali-Sue
advertisement

Comments

• =D> Take it easy...try not to overdo.Enjoy!
  • I hope you're feeling well enough to go back. Hope you have a great day. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • :) take it as easy as you can!! have a really great day!! <:P you must be both excited and apprehensive. =)) just take care of yourself and it will all be ok. =D> if you think a movement is going to hurt you, don't do it, get some help for a few days!!! remember your mechanics of lifting! Jenny :)
  • Bless you hun! Take it easy and no rolling those bed rest ladies! Keep those beds really high (they do go way up for cleaning,lol. Ask for help, beg if you need to. Your co workers need to understand that if you over do it you may be off again to recover longer. Best wishes to you!

hugs,
    Shell
  • Glad to hear you're going to get back to work. We need good RN's. Be careful today. And if you reach a point when you think you can't do anymore just remember.

II Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

I just love that! I may have to put it on my wall at work. :))) What an inspiration.
  • advertisement
  • I hope you have a good first day back. Please let us know how everything went for you. What type of Nursing do you do?

I am an RN, too, and would appreciate any tips on returning to work. I am hoping to return the first week of January.

Take care and rest today!
    Elle
  • I hope you have a good day too! Going back to work is scarey and makes you worry about everything you do. I hope that your back feels okay and nothing twinges all day. Go easy and sit when you can.

Melisa
  • Oh I wish you SOOOOO well. Please let us know how you do.
  • Wow thanks everyone >:D< . Well I made it. It wasn't easy and I am so glad to be home now. My boss gave me a decent assignment thank goodness, and assigned a student to help me in the AM. I held up pretty good until 6 PM and then felt so tired and got a headache. My back did pretty good, just my usual tight feeling. I took tylenol 2 times and motrin once. I have permission to take NSAIDS now, but will try to limit it. Feeling better now after a Norco. I was very careful with my body mechanics and I know I need to make that a life long habit. Everyone was nice and supportive. Thanks for all the well wishes :X . I have the weekend off to recooperate, then work Monday and Tuesday. I do think 8 hours would be easier, but the 12 hours give us nurses lots of days off ;) >:D< :* >:D< :*
  • you coped with the day. 12 hrs is a long day for sure but I know what you mean 2 have more days off.
    Just make sure that the staff dont treat today as a one day special connsession for you. You may have to remind them from time to time that this is still new to your back LOL

So realx and enjoy the weekend. Not to much <:P <:P <:P <br />
    Big hugs and blessings Sara O:)
advertisement