Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm off to see the wizard!

downinmyheartddowninmyheart Posts: 497
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well, I am off to get a new back. 12:30 appt for a 2 level TLIF. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers if you would.

One Love,

Stephanie
advertisement

Comments

• best wishes...no worries though...we hear he is a whiz of a of a wiz if ever a wiz if ever there was... :) jade
  • Yeah Stephanie!!
    You will do fine sweetie.
    Remember like we have discussed before your going to have those tuff days and sometimes it seems like forever before we feel great again. But your strong and will come out with flying colors!!!!
    I will see your post when I get home next week!!!!!!
    Love ya lots pumpkin
    Terri xoxoxox
  • advertisement
  • 8} sorry had to post again lmao
    ya know in your picture how you have a red dress on?
    well outside my window on a branch is a red cardnial!!! that is so cool!!!!

i know im weird! 8} 8}
  • Stephanie, my thoughts and prayers are with you. It'll be over before you know it. Hang in there and prayers for a speedy recovery!

Cath
  • I'm sure everything will go fine. I'll be praying for you.

Mark
  • advertisement
  • Hi All,

This is Stephanie's husband.

Surgery is done, and the neuro says it went well, not a terrible amount of bleeding, etc.

She spent a few hours in recovery as they were trying to find an effective pain management mix.... still kinda rough, but she wanted to get into the regular room.

Regular room is tiny, and my suspicion is that this was once the janitor's closet.

She is in pain, but is in relatively good spirits... and wanted to make sure her spiney friends knew she's past the surgery, and appreciates all of your encouraging words, concern, love and support over the last few months.

When she's doing a little better, she'll have her laptop, and will be available to chat, post, etcetera.

Thanks, Steve
  • Thanks for the update Steve :) How great of you to keep us informed. Tell Stephanie we are sending love, and hugs, and prayers her way. The first days are rough, but it will get better, so hang in there. >:D< >:D< Cali-Sue
  • Hugs to Stephanie and to you for being so kind to give us an update. Please keep us posted on how she is doing.
    >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • glad to hear Stephanie is out of surgery and in her room recovering..Hopefully she'll be home soon and out of the hospital..I never got much sleep in the hospital as they were waking me up all the time--taking vitals, giving meds, drawing blood and all the loud overhead pages (paging Dr Heart) and bright flourescent lights in the hallways and on and on..It sounds like she is in good hands though....jade
  • Hi all,

Steve again...

Stephanie's doing a bit better from the last update sent.

She is still in pain that spikes at different times, but from my outside opinion, she seems to be generally doing better at this point... at least for a few hours. She is currently on a Dilaudid self delivered drip (pardon spelling errors). Morphine, Ketamin, Norco, Hydrocodone, Phinergan were all tried without apparent result.

For spasms/ muscle relaxation: Flexeril, baxa-something.

It is heading towards the spiking again, so we're getting the doctor paged/whatever to re-evaluate what she needs at this point.

She's finally eating - a little, has received some flowers and a few calls, but isn't quite up for more of a larger visiting group yet (we did warn them in advance this was pretty likely).

All in all, not the easiest of days for her, but better for the responses she'd received, and the advice she's been given from this group... from the husband's perspective, I am grateful for this. This is not something I know how to fix, and feel pretty powerless to do anything to 'make it better' - so it's nice to know she has concerned friends who do know something about this that she's been able to rely on with better counsel than what I am able to offer.

Spiking still, so stopping the update for now.

Steve

advertisement