Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Shorted at Walmart Pharmacy!

asmithaasmith Posts: 136
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:25 AM in Pain Medications
I am so annoyed.
I always count my meds when I get home. And I normally get them at our big grocery chain in the area. However - Walmart claims to have the cheapest prices so I dropped 4 scripts off this after noon. After it taking them over an hour to fill and my out of pocket was $488 for everything - I get home and realize they gave me 4 too many of my xanax and one short of my oxycontin.

I call the pharmacy and tell them and they said they arent concerned at all about the 4 over - however they dont think that the oxy was shorted. WHAT! You have TWO errors and you think I am lying? So I tell them to do whatever they have to do to figure it out but I paid full price for that OC and I want what I paid for.

So I get a call from someone, leaves a message and says all of their counts are right on and I need to re-count mine.

Whatever. I got home too late to call them back - and we are getting over a foot of snow tonight so I wont be heading out anywhere tomorrow...but its just BS.

I could go on and on...but there is no point. I am interested to hear if anyone else has gone through this and what happened in their situation.
Should I call my PM?

Thanks for reading.

Alina
advertisement

Comments

• There are many stories of that happening and the pharmacy staff being rude and dismissive. You should call and ask to speak to the pharmacy manager. Someone double counted the Oxy and the pharmacist has make sure the count's accurate before it is signed off. I don't know if they use automatic dispensers for their Schedule II drugs; they are adamant that they are right if they did that. There is always a chance of mistakes if when you're trying to be fast and accurate. You are told to count it right there at the counter; how can you if you have 90 pills and a line behind you. I'm paranoid about having it on my person until I safe at home.
    Anyways, give them a call and have that investigated. You are the one suffering the loss financially and physically.

• If it was nay other med, it would have been dealt with no problem.I had this happen once, except it was 5 ambien(only 30 in script) luckily I counted before leaving.The pharmacist accused me of being a thief and pill junkie(this was while I was staying FL, so it was a random choice).I talked with the store manager, head pharmacist and even offered them to search my dads car.They did a count, it was off on their side and no 2nd count either.Needless to say, it was embarrassing, stressful and resolved with a bit of due diligence/politeness.Which I cannot stress enough, be kind and keep somewhat calm.They are human and sadly these RX's bring out paranoia not what is right sometimes.
  • advertisement
  • However, they should bite their tongue and refrain from calling their customers drug seekers. They would lose my business for sure.
  • If they counted always right like they claimed then you would've had the right amount of xanax right? It happened before to me and after umming and awwing they gave me the missing pill. The customer is always right. For them to err twice shows the counting was off twice. It's just hypocritical of them. I'm sure if you call the Pharmacist and explain that they have to give over the estra pill it means nothing to them to give one more pill. Call them tomorrow and you don't have to pick it up right away. Hope things get resolved for you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :) i don't know that i would cause any more fuss about 1 oxy. ~X( really, you are causing alot of trouble and may not get the resolution you seek. give it up and just say mistakes happen. your PM does not want to hear about this!!! Jenny :)
  • advertisement
  • i would call over and over.
    xanax is a controlled substance also just like valium.
    so they are screwed themself for being 4 over. so i have no idea why they are shrugging that one off.
    you may have a huge fight on your hands with the 1 less oxy.
    but don't give up. also call your PM and let them be aware of the issue because just 1 screws up your dosing schedule.
    hey also if it comes down to a police report today heck i would do it so my butt was covered.
    but of course this is all up to you..
    just telling you what i would do.

i tend to stick with in town pharmacy. we have a rite aid here that i have gone to for years. with the same 4 people working all the time. they also now have dropped alot of their meds to 4 dollar scripts. i think your going to see that happening more and more.

i wish you well on this one. its happened over and over..
    terri O:)
  • I was shorted 10 hydrocodones last winter and I called the store as soon as I got home. Ten was quite noticable when I pulled the bottle out of the container. They called me back and said their recount was right on and basically implied that I was lying. I emailed their parent company "Savon" and
    the store manager. I said maybe I should call the police because obviously those 10 went somewhere and that somewhere was not in my bottle. I got immediate results and an apology from the phramacy manager.

I say, don't let them get away with it.
  • And he just said to come in and get the extra pill no problem. In the end he also said - and there will be no charge for that either...I thought - well duh! Of course not!!!!

Anyway - I am glad that it didnt turn into a big ol'deal and they were decent about it.

Thanks again for the responses.

Alina
  • Glad it worked out.
  • My friend from work takes something for her blood pressure. When she went to pick it up at Wal-Mart the other day she picked up 40 tablets of Lortab instead. :jawdrop: It was even on the label. I've worked in a pharmacy as a tech and there is absolutely NO excuse for pharmacists to get it wrong when it comes to narcotics. They count and triple count and then have someone else count too and check the labels on the bottle and your bottle. So if they are doing their jobs right there is no room for error. Sounds like this particular chain is not doing their job. I told her they needed to be reported. If she hadn't read the label or weren't familiar with her medication she could have taken it and may have had some very adverse side effects. But here's an FYI for all of you. At the end of the month they have to do an inventory of all narcotics and report their counts. If they are off by even one they better have a DARN good reason for it and be ready to explain. They then have to go back through every prescription and find their error. Enough errors and they are out of business. That's why they accomodated you. They probably went back and did a count and found out they were wrong. But they will never tell you that part.
advertisement