Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Kinda Bummed Out

JoyJJoy Posts: 559
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I'm really bummed out...I wanted to go shopping early for Christmas and for grandson's birthday. Pain behind the knee now prevents me from going. I can only walk a short bit before it hurts like the dickens. I've been nursing it all week, trying to stay off of it, but nothing seems to help. The doc did up the Neurotin to 3 x a day, but so far it's not helping. I realize it's just another part of the healing process, but it's really a bummer.
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry to here your in so much pain. I know how you feel, last year besides my back i fell down a step and snapped my ankle. I had to do all my shopping online. Did you know at 12 am on black friday they have the same specials as in the stores?

And free shipping... It was great... My ups guy k ows me well now.lol He was deliverying everyday. And i will look later i just bought a magazine and it has all the secrets of internet shopping and where to use coupon codes or print out for the stores or use online.

I know its much more fun to look in the stores, but i enjoyed the convienance of online shopping. I hope you feel better.

sincereley, dawn
  • Thanks! I will definitely try the on-line shopping trip. Sounds a lot more doable than going to the stores at this time. Now, why didn't I think of that!
  • advertisement
  • I so empathize with you about shopping. I tried yesterday to do a bit of shopping - wanting to get stuff done before Thanksgiving. I did not do much but am really paying for it today! I hate this! (Maybe if I had not tried to do it after an hour of PT and an hour of sitting in a meeting and then out to lunch???) Anyway, back to Internet shopping for me.

How old is your grandson?
  • This grandson will be turning 5. Can't believe the time has gone by so quickly. I also have a grandson who is 18 and a freshman at Radford University, a granddaughter who is 10, and a grandson who will turn 1 on Dec. 31. I am blessed!

Yeah, I think you totally did too much in one day...sorry you're having to pay the price!
  • Aren't the little ones fun to shop for? We have grandchildren who are 3, 8, 9 and 10 as well as the 2 college-age boys of my husband's oldest son. They are all sweeties! We will not be with them this Christmas so I wanted to get gifts shipped ASAP.

But, I, too will look for free shipping on-line and starting clicking!

• advertisement
  • joy- I like shopping but it seems I rarely get to as I pay a price for too much activity..sigh..
    I have bought gift cards before at big pharmacies here like Walgreens and CVS and they carry a whole variety. I am the pharamcy alot anyway so I will probably do that..

The on-line shopping sounds like fun but I am terrible with decisions. I tried to buy new curtains and looked for hour upon hour and ended up with nothing. #o I just gave up as I got sore and tired from sitting and then confused as to what the color was on my computer screen. :/
    I would probably give it a go again if I find free shipping. =D> But enjoy shopping for the little ones as it is always nice to see the pure happiness of young children... B) jade
  • joy im sorry hunny ;)
    same thing is happening here and as you can see your not alone in the holiday shopping dilema.
    we went to the mall the other night after the drs. besides my legs that look like i am walking prego. i also paid the next day with my back and such.
    we were going out tonight to just to walmart. i would love to get out before monday BUT BUT BUT to think about what i will feel like tomorrow is not worth it.

i also agree on one hand internet shopping can be a pain. its hard to visualize something without it in your hand. :? :?

joy do you mabye have some arthritis going on back there on that knee?? im just curious even with last yrs surgery it was mainly my hips and lower back. but then of course everyone is different with different pains.

lots of love to ya!! it in the teens here and the wind is howling ughhhhh
  • Shopping tips
    artice: save even more on black friday, save even more on black friday. get ready for black friday sales by printing out the free shopping planner at :

WWW.organizedchristmas.com/printable/houseworks-holiday-plan/sales-planner.COM

ARTICLE" beat the crowds you can get them and even sleep in by ordering from retailers websites at 12.01 am friday.

dont forget AAA card discounts 15% off circuit city and linens and things. plus both of these stores are going out of business in alot of locations so everything is already on sale now.

another magazine: overstock.com save 10% off entire purchase at checkout. promo code: 129399

amazon offers free shipping on most items and they are toys r us too so i ordered alot last year on the black friday sales on the website.

good houskeeping magazine article: go to; goodhouskeeping.com/dec08 for daily coupon calender to save big on holiday shopping avoid crowds shop online.

join now to save and earn 20% back and 30% off gap sephora, walmart, macy's, target, toys r us etc. www.holidays.goodhousekeepingrewards.com

HOPE THIS HELPS ALL THAT ARE LIKE ME AND FIND IT HARD TO SHOP AND STAND IN LONG LINES. I read alot of ho;liday magazines for recipes and ideas around the holidays so im stocked up on ideas but havent had a chance to read them all.

i will definetely post all i can to help as i find the deals.

also everyone who gets bed bath and beyond coupons they are also good at linens and things. and even though they may be expired bed bath beyons policy is there coupons never expire so bring them all or use them online to save 20%.

BE BACK WITH MORE INFO LATER IF THIS WAS HELPFUL TO SOME.

DAWN
  • dawn- thanks for all the shopping tips and especially coupons... :) jade
  • Sorry you are going through this NOW...this is a difficult time of the year to not be able to get things done! Can your children help out by shopping for your grandchildren; i know i did this for my mom and mother-in law when my kids were young...it helped them out a lot and I was better at shopping for them anyway!
    Has the doctor done any tests on your knee? I was having pain in my neck and arm again. After mri for my neck came back good; he sent me for shoulder mri..that found tears and calcification tendinitis..Your knee might me something completely unrelated to your surgery. Hope you feel better soon! Donna
advertisement