Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Shoulder Problems after Cervical Surgery

advertisement

Comments

• Tired of the painTTired of the pain Posts: 197
    edited 02/21/2014 - 2:57 PM
    So glad you have had some relief.
  • Does anyone read these much anymore? I still have issues 6 months after surgery, my left shoulder is sore, along with left side of my neck and jaw, so something has adjusted. PT tries to stretch it out, but they are baffled. After a second opinion, a should doc finally said its not my shoulder and I need another MRI, but I need to wait a bit more time. Does anyone know why the should pain arises?
  • advertisement
  • I had Cervical spine fusion on 8/07/14. I too have experienced new pain in my shoulder area. It is my understanding that this pain is due to the weakness in the muscles in that area. Mine has been off and on, more frequently when I am over-tired. I do not go to PT. I was a regular at the gym before surgery and got back in asap after surgery. I see improvement every day. Cervical fusion is serious surgery and it takes quite a while to completely recover. I have found, keeping a diary of how I am feeling day to day to be helpful, as you can look back and see the progress you are making. Recovery from this surgery is a two steps forward one step back kind of thing for a long time. If you see that you have gone a long time with no progress, it's time to speak with your doctor.