As I had explained in my original post, "Put Off", I've been waiting what seems like an eternity to get a date for a stimulator trial. I had my psych eval the beginning of Oct. and the psychologist typed the up the report and had it in the surgeon's office the very next day. There it sat for two or three weeks without being faxxed to the PM who is going to do the trial. What's making the wait so difficult is that I just got through the world's longest pain flare (over 30 days) plus my business is hectic and my office is moving and not having any time schedule for this trial is problematic. When I had the psych eval, the psychologist said that he saw chronic pain patients so I thought he might have some tips for me as to how to get through the next several months (in really bad pain and having no control over my situation). I went to see him last week and I was a little late (he's really far away). Much to my disappointment, he told me he wanted me to take the MMPI. I told him about the pain flare and the frustration of waiting and how since he worked with people in chronic pain he might have some practical tips for me. He pointed to his watch and said he wanted me to take the test. I told him I didn't want to take a test, that I wanted some suggestions, he shrugged pointing at his watch and I left. When I got to my office I called thie neurosciences department out of which the neurosurgeon and the psychologist work and I asked about taking the MMPI; was this something I had to do for the SCS? I was told no that it was because I has asked to see the psychologist and that it had nothing to do with my going ahead with the SCS. Today, the psychologist called me and told me that I had to come in and take the MMPI or I wouldn't get the SCS. I asked if he would have the NS call me. He said he didn't think the NS would call me and the PM doc wouldn't do the trial. I told him I found this all very odd since we had done the evaluation almost two months ago and had proceeded to get a predetermination from the insurance company and now he wants to back up and would he mind telling me why. He wouldn't. No one is in the office today so I can't get any verification of what this guy told me but it does contradict what I was told last week. My husband says just go and take the test. C--I would never survive in the military. My insurance does not pay for this sort of testing. This sort of seems like its been one big mess. On the other hand, maybe this is what everyone goes through getting a SCS. If things are so disorganized, maybe I should go elsewhere. I wouldn't be that far beind as I don't think the NS would be able to get to me until March. I think the psychologist didn't like me saying "no". Hey, Am I insightful or what???