Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

SPW Unite .....Part 5

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,348
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:25 AM in Lighten and Brighten
Navigating through multiple pages of forum posts can make for some long wait times.
This is why SPW Unite - Part 5 has been created. I will be closing SPW Unite - Part 4 tomorrow afternoon
Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• Maybe I can keep up with this new one. Am I still a SPW? I did the initiation a LONG LONG time ago. =))

Cindy
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,348
    we are all SPW, its sort of our branding name.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • advertisement
  • Just thought I'd let you know I was up at 4:30 a.m..... (I know, I know...) and made LOTS of chocolate oatmeal cupcakes for all of you!! Miki will want to take the lion's share because she keeps missing out....any special requests for the color of the icing?

• TracyLynne said:
    Just thought I'd let you know I was up at 4:30 a.m..... (I know, I know...) and made LOTS of chocolate oatmeal cupcakes for all of you!! Miki will want to take the lion's share because she keeps missing out....any special requests for the color of the icing?

got that right Miss Tracy!!!!! I won't be missing out this time though......do I really HAVE TO share???? image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> Okay , I will share....this time.... =)) =)) =))
  • sounds good- chocolate oatmeal cupcakes and I bet the oatmeal makes them healthy. I am not sure about the icing but the calories don't count if there is oatmeal as an ingredient.. :))( jade
  • advertisement
  • i was brought up to believe that cookies with oatmeal in them were healthy /good for you. :D

----now share before i whack u with my cane! =)) =))
  • Chocolate chip please.
  • I was hoping someone would bring some donuts along haven't seen them in awhile =)) =)) =)) .
  • Chocolate chip is my specialty; my secret is to cook them 25 degrees lower than the recipe calls for, put FAR more chips in there, and they turn out soft and VERY yummy!!! My second faves are the double chocolate mint chip cookies....yummmmmmm....

I went with purple icing and blue icing on the cupcakes...special request from the little girl I baked them for....and they are SMOTHERED in sprinkles!! I'd post a picture here, but it didn't work last time!

As for the oatmeal making them healthy, that's why I use this recipe...it is THE best, and people always say yes to it because they're getting their fiber! :))(

Tracy

• OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 c. oatmeal
    2 c. boiling water
    1 c. margarine, melted
    2/3 c. cocoa

Blend together well and add:

2 1/2 c. brown sugar
    2 c. flour
    1 tsp. vanilla
    4 eggs
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt

Pour into 9 x 13 pan or two round cake pans (greased and floured) and bake at 350 degrees 35 to 45 minutes, and cupcakes for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy....you will never want a cake from a box again! :D

advertisement