Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

New to site and need help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Always get other opinions and NEVER rely on one or two. Yes it is the new money maker for surgeons it is true but some people do need it while others do not. Just make sure you need it before you do it. Chances are you don't but if you do then also make sure you have the best surgeon you can find to do the job. Hang in there I know it is rough and scary but it will work out in some way and you can always come here and vent, scream, unload, whatever. The recliner just makes it sooooo much better to sleep. I doubt you will be able to sleep on the bed as it is too difficult to get in and ot of and the recliner holds you in kind of an upright position but still enough back to allow you to rest. I was in a recliner for 4 months, I could sleep no other way. The bed was torture.
  • Abby I am a 34year old woman with 4 children and on November 17, 2008 I had a C5-C7 posterior fusion using my own hip bone. I am 12 days post surgery and I still can not take care of myself completely. I never thought the surgery would be so painful although my suregon told me to be prepared for high pain levels. I spent 4 days in the hospital and needed more but my children missed me so much I talked the Dr. into letting me go home. My husband spent everyday and night with me while in the hospital. I couldn't have moved without help. Once home I still needed help moving around I had to sleep and lay in my recliner for the first 6 days at home I still can not sleep the whole night in my bed only a few hours. I wear a soft cervical collar to help balance my head the Dr. says probably 3 weeks. I can not stand in place at all and can walk a very short distance. I am finding out with this surgery that I am not supermom and I am going to have to deal with the neck pain one day at a time and having to accept that I can't do this on my own.
  • advertisement