Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Back pain and Surgery

Comments

• I bought an 8 inch memory foam mattress topper from Walmart that is used as a mattress for $225.00. To make it more comfortable, we got a down feather mattress topper from Bed Bath & Beyond valued at $100.00 on sale 1/2 off. It feels great and it is guaranteed to stay fluffed up. This works for me until I can buy a $1000.00 mattress one day.
  • As it was time for a new mattress set, I decided to get a posturepedic set. The store that I bought it from had a 90 day return policy if I used a plastic backed mattress cover. I decided to go with the "plush" firmness, got it in October and haven't looked back since. It is awesome...has about 4 inches of memory foam and pillow top, but provides good support as well. Before that, I used the memory foam mattress topper from Walmart. It was alot cheaper than the other stores and did help.
    Good luck Slowpoke60 - I hope you find something that encourages that much needed rest.
  • advertisement
  • Hi
    Welcome Slowpolk!
    Great place you found here. I too have issues with all areas. Life sure can throw us a curve huh? I hope things work out good for you. Everyone is right, get your self as educated as you can, YOU are your best advicate in all of this. Find out as much as you can. In the mean time, we are all here for you, anytime. Good luck, see ya on the forum!
  • I have a 5 inch memory foam with 6 inches foam and it is very comfortable. Camper's plush posturpedic bed also sounds great. Good luck. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN

• Well, will be seeing the doctor tomorrow about my neck. Will post what he tells me. Also am picking up my doctors notes, so I can tell more.

Joyce
  • advertisement
  • I saw the doctor today. I will be having surgery on Feb. 24, 2009, on my neck, this was the first date they had open.

I have C5-6 C6-7 HNP Stenosis.
    Type of surgery: C5-6 C6-7 ACDF

What does HNP Stenosis mean?

Under special instuctions it says: POV, IMC ICU, SCM Vision, Peek,
    I figured out ICU, and Vision ( I wear glasses) but don't know what the other things mean.
    Any help?

thanks
    Joyce
advertisement