Hi everyone :H
I haven't posted here in a little while as my OS was taking a "wait and see" approach with me. I had a visit with him this morning and he said that after 2 lami/disc and no improvement, he is going to schedule the fusion. :SS @)
It was explained to me as an abdominal approach (along with a vascular surgeon)removing the L5 disc, using bone graft (from a bone bank) and then the rods and screws. I am just waiting on the call backs from the doctor's to see how their schedules coordinate and when they are going to do it. :W He said possibly 3-4 day hospital stay.
Sorry if I am making this too long, but I am scared and apprehensive. BUT if this helps the pain in the long run, it will be worth it. If any of you have any pre or post op tips, I will welcome them all