Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Violent outbursts after surgery...dont wanna go there again! Whys it happen?

advertisement

Comments

• Ohh, okay. Well, I think then what they must have done was weighed the pros and cons... If your blood pressure was dangerously high and your life was at risk, then it would make sense to do that... If anything happened to you, the baby wouldn't have been okay... Makes more sense to take the small risk to neutralize the situation. I'm glad it worked out alright for you :)
  • patients often come out fighting - like a fight or flight thing.

Embarressing but not unusual. All you can do is apologise up front and smile!

I was sedated for my discogram so much i don't remember a thing. Needless to say, I caused a few smiles with my florid language. Ah well.
  • advertisement
  • I wish I didn't remember my discogram. only got enough sedation so they could get the needles in without me jumping. remember the whole thing :-(
  • nurses pretty much kicked me out...they were done...but the pain was so great...i dont know if it was that or whatever else? Yes i got the demerol. before. but i think thats what helped my BP to drop to 60/40?...nothing went smooth...when i woke up i was screaming at top of my lungs as if i were still being cut into! I generally do ok with most pain.was bad bad :S :(
  • that there are many people that react this way and the docs and nurses do deal with this alot and they also know that most people dont remember it. I didn't react this way thank goodness. When my daughter was about 4months away from turning 3 she had to have her tonsils removed due to severe sleep apnia. She kept waking up in the middle of the night a few times every night. I thought at first that she just wanted to sleep in bed with my hubby and I. I knew htat she snored and snored loud but I too was a snorer. Anyway she stayed the night at a friends house and they were listening to her sleep, cuz it was hard for them to sleep with her snoring, LOL yah it was that loud. Reminded me of my dad when I was young. Anyway she kept waking because she would stop breathing. I actually reversed my schedule for a few days and stay up most of the night to listen to her. Man talk about scary!!! She would stop breathing for about 30 secs or so, which felt like minutes-hours. So anyway she had to have them removed and she reacted horribly when she woke up. So everyone is different and just bring it up to the doc and again to the anasthsiologist pre surgery. I think at times they will give you an anti-anxiety med before they start waking you up to make you more mellow. I hope you dont go through that again. Just let everyone know about it though. Even the nurses why they are getting you ready for surgery. That way they are prepared. Dont assume they all talk and all know about the reaction if you tell 1-2 people tell everyone!!!!!
  • advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.