Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

my hopes were crushed today please help

• Hi Jon,

You were kind enough to respond to me on 12-3 about a discectomy. I am so happy to hear that word. I am off to the doctor on wed and will ask for this test. I do have an HMO however, there was mention to my husband and myself along time ago that one or all three of my disc's may be leaking and that when this happens it doesn't appear on an MRI. This was told to us by the doctor that gace me my epedural shots. He said that I looked to be a classic case. But he said that the procedure is a last resort and painful.

I am there now and ready. He also wrote that in my records so I shouldn't have too much trouble.

Thanks again,

• It's not you, it's the doctors! First of all it sounds like you have an obvious case of sciatic pain. I would bet the ranch on that. I've had to endure way too much of that to not recognize the symptoms. Have you ever watched the show on TV called 'Mysterey Diagnosis'? I love that show because it makes me feel better, knowing that other people have gone through so much of what I have with doctors. It wlways seems as though rather than a doctor being able to just say "I don't know", they have to suggest it's all in your head. That happens all of the time on that show. I certainly feel bad that the people on the show have those problems of course, but it's something I can identify with. I find it comforting. Does that sound weird?
    As for what else is wrong with you, it may take time for them to diagnose you, and sometimes it never happens, but you need to find a good PM who will be supportive and work with you to help relieve the pain in a better manner. The Lidoderm patches really don't help much with me, I can never tell I even have one on. I guess you could try it though.
    Please don't be down on yourself. I know how that can be, for I too have felt like a helpless lump on the sofa many times. My husband has to do so much on top of holding down a job with tons of hours. But then I have to remember that I certainly never asked for this and I don't deserve it. None of us do! We are victims of pain. As long as your daughter knows that you love her that is truly all she needs from you. The rest will work itself out. I wish you the very best and hope you get a diagnosis soon. Take care and hang in there.
    May you have a very Merry Christmas,
    Big hugs,
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.