Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Anyone know what happened to this woman from here? (link enclosed)

Comments

• I would say she's probably laying flat on her back right about now sleeping after all the percocet for pain and the valium for the muscle spasms. =)) I have to admit that I was laughing my butt off through most of her part of the posts though. Whichever one of you said this woman is delusional hit the nail on the head. I'm just sorry I missed it since it happened just days after my surgery and I was such a mess I couldn't even THINK about turning on my computer then. Geez. I wish I could muster up all of her postitive thinking because I am POSITIVE my shoulders hurt like H E double toothpicks right now! That whole post was just unbelievable! Mods can that be removed? I would hate for someone new to try to compare themselves to this self annointed Super Woman
    Thanks for the entertainment tonight Cindy!
  • I agree. Egg on her face would probably not suit her very well. But just for the record. My doctor did tell me that I could go back to work the Monday after my surgery "if I felt like it". He knew better. :) That's why he made sure I had prescriptions in hand on my way out the hospital door and didn't have me come back for 2 weeks because he knew I was not going to be feeling very well. Hopeless, I couldn't agree with you more!
  • advertisement
  • I was out of surgery and in recovery by 2:30 p.m., and my doctor said I could go home or stay -- my choice. I stayed. Later that evening, I asked for pain medication. My doctor said I shouldn't be in much pain and ordered Xtra Strength Tylenol!!!!!!!

When I saw him at post-op, 8 days after my 2-level cervical fusion, he said "no collar" and "life as normal". He said I could go back to work the next day full-time, but if I had disability insurance, I could rest and recover.

Well, despite how good I've truly done (no, I didn't return to work yet), today I had a rough day. I felt like a mack truck hit me!!! I've been up and around, trying to be "normal", but it certainly took its toll on me.

Oh yeah . . . once home from the hospital, I took the Vicoden his PA-C prescribed for me, LOL.

What I've learned from this forum board and my experience is that everybody is different, and everybody's surgeon's are different!!! I'm not the most positive person in the world, but I tried to concentrate on taking care of myself after surgery -- and not letting others do everything for me. I'm still recovering, I know that (as evidenced by today)!
  • image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" />
    Love that 1st response from agriman.
    :P
    -----------------------------
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • I think it is sad that so many of you think this woman is delusional and a psych patient.
    She really is trying to do the best thing for herself and her health and she got shot down from every angle.

Why is it that we cant just applaud her for her positive thinking and intentions without having to put in a 'but you wont be able to do it' attached to the end.
    No wonder she got defensive and frustrated.

I sincerely hope the Demurevenus was able to have her surgery and return to work within a week as she wanted.

Blessings Sara O:)
  • advertisement
  • I am so glad this was before my time as well. I felt bad enough (physically and emotionally) after having to spend two nights in the hospital for what was supposed to be a simple day procedure.

Not only did I have anaesthesia complications but I too was "thrashing" in recovery. (good term btw-it describes it perfectly) I also had 11 staples instead of the 4 stitches I was supposed to have.

I hope this person realizes that we are all trying to do the best we can with what we have. But when you

have spent 2 days yakking up everything BUT your stomache and are having to rely on constant care from feeding to toileting even Mother Teresa herself might feel somewhat 'less positive'

For the rest of us I wish you enough strenght and love to just make it one more day knowing each day becomes a teensy bit easier.

Take care of yourselves my friends--we have enough superheros in the world already. xo
  • NOBODY shot down her positive attitude. In fact, many people applauded her for it... But she was RUDE, condescending, arrogant, smug, insulting, offensive, and childish. She didn't have to agree with what others were saying, but they were trying to help... You don't respond to someone trying to help by insulting them and acting like a jerk. She IS delusional. To think you're going to be back to work 5 days after a 2 level fusion, and to think that positive attitude is comparable to Morphine... Is ridiculous. She is delusional and a jerk. She should be ashamed of herself for treating people as poorly as she did. Very ashamed. I don't think I have ever seen an adult act so horribly and so immature. She acted like a middle school kid. There is no excuse for lashing out at people just because you don't like the help they offered. She asked for people's experiences and they gave them to her. She didn't like what she heard, so she flipped a nut. Unless she is a child and doesn't know any better, there is no excuse. Everyone there tried to offer help and was so nice to her... And on top of all that... She kept contradicting herself and making no sense.
  • Someone on the original post had a great point... If her positive attitude is so comparable to Morphine and so powerful that she won't need pain meds after surgery and KNOWS she will be fine... Then how come she needs surgery? How come her positive attitude doesn't cover that pain, then? Morphine wouldn't help with it? I don't believe that for a second. She makes no sense. At all. That's just how it is. I think it's sad anyone would think her treatment of others is justifiable in any way.
  • I agree with Sara (above) that it's sad to see this situation. My first reaction was that she is protecting her positive attitude and thoughts at all cost and was hoping to find reinforcement. I can see where people thought she was being rude, but if we step back and look at this again, don't we all see an extremely scared person facing serious surgery who is doing her very best to cope with it?

When I was facing my surgery and after it, I had terrible anxiety attacks and wanted so badly to have a positive attitude. I wish I had even a sliver of her energy and enthusiasm to get back into life. I am hoping things went as well as she was anticipating! I admire people who can maintain the positive attitude and thoughts, even in the midst of pain and surgery. I didn't do a very good job with that.

One of the biggest regrets I have during the painful moments leading up to surgery was how I communicated to those around me. I broke through on the pain meds, and I spent a great part of that time at a 9 or 10 pain level. Even after the surgery, at times, I was far from pleasant, and even though I was just doing the best I could, I wish I had handled things better. Some people got fed up and gave up on me completely. I hope that's not what has happened with this person. I see her as doing the best she could to cope, and it didn't come across well. If she does come back, I hope we will give her a break and support her no matter what she is dealing with.

Hugs,

Haylie
  • Do you also admire people who tear others down and rip them to shreds because their well wishes weren't exactly what she wanted to hear?
advertisement