Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

specific spine pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,322
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic

Hi, its been about 3 weeks or so now and there is this really nagging pain in between my shoulder blades. If it were a muscle thing I'd just figure it was from poor posture or something, but it feels like someone kicked me in the spine. The muscle around the spine feels fine, but the spine feels super sore to the touch like it's bruised, and just in this one small area.

I also don't remember doing anything to injure it. It also seems to only be getting worse as opposed to better.

Any ideas??


  • If it is getting worse,you should see your doctor....
  • Even though it sounds like muscle pain you should make an appointment to see a Dr. ASAP. In the meantime try putting a heating pad on it and see if that gives you any relief. Muscle pain can hurt deep down too. I would suggest that you don't try to diagnose this yourself. You will drive yourself crazy trying to figure it out on your own. Your dr. will order any tests they think they need to rule out any spine issues. Is it just in that one spot or does it radiate out to other parts of your back or arms?
  • advertisement
  • Just that one spot. I'm going to see the doctor about it anyhow, I just like doing a little bit of research myself so I don't walk in blindly.
  • could be . Tonya I found ya .
  • Unresolved pain like that should be looked at by your doc. I think doing research is a good thing, just don't settled on a diagnosis before all the "tests" come back.

    Welcome to Spine Health. I'm sorry that you are suffering from any type of pain and I do hope that you are able to get a better handle on it.

  • advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.