yesterday morning started out great. it was my little one's 8th birthday. she was still in bed, i was decorating her cake. then my sister called, and started the conversation with "don't panic, but...."
my parents house was on fire.
my sister, brother in law, and my two neices also lived with my parents.
everyone got out ok. as did most of the pets (only one turtle died). and that is what is important. it was a chimney fire, spread through the wall up to the top floor of the house and attic.
my parents had insurance, my sister had renters insurance. but its still very hard.
i have my 3 months post op checkup on monday. will post on how it goes.