Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

visit with neuro/ chiro

advertisement

Comments

• I'm sorry Senji. I can not imagine having to suffer and not having a doctor who won't treat me. I know the pain you have and it breaks my heart that you have to wait six months because of that stupid clause. Personally I think insurance companies don't give a rat's ass and they are only looking at the bottom line and securing profits. It's the sad truth. People should not have to fall through the cracks in this country. Everyone is entitled to receive help in these types of situations. My heart goes out to you. It truly makes me sad.
  • I'm not that naive,but I did'nt know that it was the law.Also,I thought that your 6 month waiting period might be considered over.I think trying to get the law changed is great.So many people think that there is little that they can do,but when we all group together that is when we can be more successful in getting these laws changed/passed and really make a difference.

My BF and I are still getting letters from months ago from the legislators in our area and others that disagree with us about a certain issue we feel strongly about.They like to recite why they are correct in their thinking..I guess to try to change our minds or 'win' us over to their way of thinking.We did initiate the letter writing.Just pointing that out to let you know that I do agree,and we have a responsibility to try to make changes if we do not agree with the way that things are being handled or decided upon.

Every ins. company is different and I make no pretences in saying that I don't understand the details in any but my own.

I hope your wait is over soon enough.
  • advertisement
  • Hi... here I am just over a month after my last post. I can't believe that the chiropractor is working. This is not a placebo effect, folks, it really is working... I had horrible sciatica pain for almost a year. The L4-L5 disc is bulging, not herniated as initially thought (maybe that god-awful expensive neurosurgeon could have explained this when he charged $134 to spend 5 minutes with me just to say my MRIs were "crap" and refer me to a chiro, but never mind). Anyway, I've been going twice a week. Not cheap, but I'm well on the road to recovery and able to exercise again! My attitude has improved immensely; not being in constant pain will do that to you. I don't take any meds for pain any more. If I do have pain, it's more like mild discomfort. I still use heat and ice but I don't go to bed at night dying from severe pain.
    Thanks to all who have been sharing their thoughts and good wishes. I hope you all find relief, too.
  • I remember my mother suffering from really bad sciatica pain for a long time a few years ago.She did go to PT and I remember she had a lot of mixed pain with improvement over what seems like a long period of time.She was never one to complain much about pain,but that sciatica really caused her a good bit of it,or I wouldn't remember it (she passed away last July pretty suddenly).

Anyway~It's good to see you pop in with some GOOD news.I always like to hear the positive turn of events.

How did the insurance work out? I'm glad that you no longer have the need for pain meds!
  • The insurance situation remains unchanged; I have it, but I can't use it for anything relating to the back problems until June. So, I've had to pay for the chiropractor out of pocket. (I understand some insurance limits the amount they'll pay for 'alternative' medicine, including chiropractic; some don't cover them at all. I also know that if a doctor refers you to a chiro, the insurance is supposed to cover it? I did get a referral from the neurosurgeon, but the insurance requires a 6-month wait for 'pre-existing' conditions.)

However, the best therapy of all is that I feel like I have my life back. I've actually been able to begin running again- short distances just a few days a week- something I hadn't done for over a year. I'm still not back to where I was in 2007, but the road to recovery seems reachable now and I have hope, for the first time in months.
  • advertisement
advertisement