Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

tingling in the thoracic

advertisement

Comments

• ive a bulging disc among other things c4 c5 and the thoracic issues as well, havent found my med records yet but one of my ribs is out of place, whice all the docs say is impossible...till i let them feel the depression where the rib is sunk in.
    the dizziness ive not had too bad for a while, Mr Dilauro one of the Mods here has thoracic issues as well.
    were not too common as far as these types of issues go, there isnt very much info as Ide like on this.
    be sure and communicate your hurts and concerns to your healthcare provider, i have cervical facet syndrome,blown rotator cuff, bulging and degenerating discs in all three areas,thoracic issues, L5S1 going who knows where, a piece of loose bone floating round in my neck..ahh a few more items gone south here and there...bummer.
    keeping informed is the best, and often hardest part of dealing with these issues,but keeping the peace within is the hardest. avoid as much as possible the agravating circumstances
    good luck to ya and we'll see this through!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I have to admit, I never would have believed it....but, I saw a new PM doc, and after an 1 1/2 consult (WOW), his theory at this point is that I must have had a significant muscle tear 4/07, and my history since then (at least at the thoracic level) is a result. He did give me a trigger pt inj. which I have had in the past, but this one actually gave me relief, almost immediately.

Not sure if he has a better touch or dif med in the shot, but it has lessened the tingling (amazing a muscle could do that). I am going for Botox this thurs. to get long relief ( shot only lasted @48 hrs), it did nothing for the neck, but my back never has felt that good in a long time. He did the lt only and it was a weird sensation: Rt felt puffy and the lt felt 'flat' -

It is good to be wrong sometimes
    pfm
  • advertisement
  • you doin fine tday? hope your t-spine is not acting up like mine is these last few days
    happy day to ya!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• What has been going on with your t-spine lately. I haven't had the crazy muscle spasms since for @ 2 wks, still tingles, numb spots along the t-spine and of course it hurts. After those muscle spasms, i am glad for what the relief.

The doc. completely changed my plan, saw for the botox on thurs and he did a few physical tests with my ranges and says, do the radiofrequency again and then we'll talk botox. i sent an email to him to explain why - since i was so stunned i did not ask him at appt.

do you have pain into your sternum? Man, it is unbelievable the pain that goes all the way around into the sternum.

thanks for asking - we shall all keep trudging along
    pfm
  • maybe try a massage and osteopath for some ligament release. I have the same sort of pain, it started when I hoisted myself on the hanging bar thing after having my first c section (no one told me how to correctly use it to move my heavy self around off the bed)anyway, it felt like a tear and has not recovered. I get pins and needles in the rhombiod. When we massage it there is some pretty hard rock like knots. I have been told that the only way to get rid of a knot like that or the crunchy crepitus is to use an ultrasound. Another reason this area can hurt like has been mentioned is ribs out of place. posterior or anterior ribs can be put back into place by doing ligament and cartlige release. I do these all the time on people. I have my osteopath do them on me but he says I have some cartlige problems which make it hard to treat and if the muscle knots do not go away then they pull it back out soon after treatment.

Thorasic pain is crazy and anoying cause its hard to give the area a rub your self. I lie on the floor and slowly rise up like in a crunch letting the floor put pressure on each individual vertabra it feels good, sometimes gets a crack but is not long lasting.

When I find the cure ill let you know if you do the same :-)
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,430
    is to put two tennis balls into a sock. Tie the sock and then lay on the floor and start to move your upper back over the tennis balls. You will find as you move around, you hit some pressure points just as massage therapist do. This can really relieve some pain if only for a while.
    Another super device is the "Theracane" Just look it up on the Internet and you will how much it can help
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Yes the canes are awesome, also a tennis ball and lean up against a wall and move around same as the floor moves.
  • my pt 2007 tried to show me how to pop my facet joints back, with the tennis ball. And i did this recently at the end of dec for some muscle spasms. I must have done something wrong because i put my back into a rage, that went on for 11 days - i am too scared to do this again, until i learn how to do it right.
  • I tryed the tennis ball trick, there feels like ropes back there, bummer, most uncomfortable. My rib is out of place and ive tried to get it back in plac a few times in the past,and I tell ya, I wont try it again! I hope your doing well today and not in too much pain!
    heat from a pad or a NIIIICE bed of hot sand at the beach helps me, but thats a few weeks away... you know you just wriggle around and get a comfortable liddle patch of sand just fitted right and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
    yup its good, but til then hang in there K?
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

advertisement