Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Cold feet (literally) & Trouble sleeping

Comments

• are always freezing. Unless I'm in the shower, you will find me with socks and booty type slippers on and my toes are still cold.

Also, if I take Percocet with my Ambien, I cannot sleep. That makes at least 3 of us in this thread!

I have been trying to get off Ambien. I went a few days without it, and then took it one night. Slept fine, but was in an "Ambien haze" until the afternoon the next day. So I've now gone 2 night again without it, but I am waking up every 2 hours. I'm hoping with the SCS, I can sleep better.

I don't mind to take Ambien (and have for 2+ years), but hate the haze I sometimes have. Also, my doctor only gives me 20 a month, so I have to find 10 days where I don't take it or I will run out. She believes it can cause "rebound insomnia".

With the SCS now, I'm trying to take less and less meds. That's the plan for the future, anyway. lol

Cheri
  • had fusion l3 thru S1 back on 09 and stilll have mumbness in all toes. drs say oh it cant be that. they are full of --bruce
  • advertisement
  • Hi, i had a microdiscectomy L5/S1 over six months ago and had to wait 10 months to get the surgery. During the waiting period I experienced the cold & numbing in both feet. The Dr I saw believed the nerve compression to be the cause (as it had gone on for an extended period.

He explained to me following the surgery the numbness & cold would probably remain for an unknown period of time - which it has. However I was told prior to surgery I may have a circulation issue which prompted me to buy a foot circulation boosting machine. The one I still have and use is a REVITIVE model. During the day I rarely use it but on nights I became accustomed prior to surgery to use it with what I consider good success - One word of warning these aren't cheap so I would use the 30 day money back guarentee products. I tried 2 others with limited degrees of success and returned both. The one I kept had a 60 day guarentee but annoyingly was also the most expensive.
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    my pm/neurologist said that my foot symptoms were related to my peroneal nerve. you can search above or here's a link to an overview https://www.spine-health.com/conditions/spine-anatomy/sciatic-nerve-anatomy

it all makes sense to me now. (don't like it ... but it is what it is).

hope your having reduced pain today,

d
advertisement