Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Does anyone else pray?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
Just wondering if anyone else prays to God about their pain and their recovery. I try to pray everyday about what I'm going through, but I often get discouraged when the pain doesn't go away. I'm not a person to "push" religion onto others, but I am curious as to whether or not this is God's way of bringing us closer to Him. I'm hoping that by praying,getting information on here and being put into a situation that I "need" God, things will only get better. :)

csp
advertisement

Comments

• i pray everyday for my loved ones and for everyone in the world but i rarely pray for myself
  • Every thought is a prayer.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • advertisement
  • I pray that he will heal me if that is his will. I absolutely believe there is a reason I am going through this. I also think it has brought me closer to him as I know he is in complete control and knows exactly what I am going through.
    This time of the year I really think about it. :)

Just my thoughts/feelings. :)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,347
    Religion and Politics just dont create an environment that can be discussed on online forums. The only reason for that, is that there can never be agreement when it comes to discussing those topics.
    In the past we have had to close down threads that started to focus in on religion and politics. Nuff said!

In terms of praying... I believe that is an individual decision to do and how to do it. Does it really matter if I pray to a statue out in my garden or a statue are some religious building.

Whatever we have to do to get through the rough times is what counts.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Cps,
    As the poster I would never impose my view on anyone and this is my belief which I am entitled to have, praying could be viewed in many forms and from those whom it has some significance, in accessing that reflection we may feel that in the notion that we suffer we are more responsive to our own and others needs. Prayer may be hope and some would be encouraged that things would get better and this process may help them, Dilauro is correct in saying we can all respect each others view and it is not in the veracity of usage or location, we may seek inner strength and support in many ways, although any improvement may be accredited to personal beliefs of either to pray or not.

Enduring pain whatever its duration, take courage tenacity and hope.

Take care, John
  • advertisement
  • I assume you've tried the medical approach to dealing with back pain? Had an MRI and seen a Neurosurgeon?

• Double post

• Yes, I've had an MRI and seen a neurosurgeon.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts on prayer.

csp
  • Well my thoughts are with you. I support your prayers of course, and feel they are a positive thing. Keep it up. I'll be pulling for you.
  • I pray everyday.
advertisement