Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Having first epi L-5, S-1 tomorrow.....scared

advertisement

Comments

• http://www.medicinenet.com/bupivicaine-injection/article.htm

I'M NOT REAL GREAT ABOUT PASTE ETC, SO YOU MAY HAVE TO TYPE THIS IN TO READ THE ARTICLE. IT BASICALLY SAYS MARCAINE HAS CAUSED PROBLEMS IN PREGNANT WOMEN AS ANESTHESIA.
    STILL LOOKING..........
    FIPAH,
    PAMGST
  • Hello Pnmgst,

Thanks for sharing the link and info. The warning statement should give everyone pause to using it.

RichT
  • advertisement
  • I DON'T GET MY FEELINGS HURT, I LIKE YOUR OPINIONS, ACTUALLY. DIDN'T STEP ON MY TOES AT ALL. I MAY NOT HAVE SAID IT YET BUT MY PM INJECTOR DID MISS AND PLACED TO BOLUS OVER THE RIGHT SIDE INSTEAD OF THE LEFT. WHEN I ASKED HIM, BECAUSE I SAW THE PICTURE WHILE HE WAS DOING IT, HE SAID,"SORRY, I TRIED FOR THE LEFT, BUT I THINK YOU WERE POSITIONED WRONG ON THE TABLE". HE SAID IT SHOULD SURROUND THE WHOLE AREA ANYHOW. WHETHER THAT WAS TRUE OR NOT I DON'T KNOW. WHAT DO YOU THINK? I HOPE THIS NEXT ONE IS "RIGHT ON". TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK, I'M GLAD TO KNOW.
    YOUR FRIEND IN PAIN AND HOPE,
    PAMGST
  • Hello PnMgSt,

Thank you for your understanding and "listening".

"HE SAID,"SORRY, I TRIED FOR THE LEFT, BUT I THINK YOU WERE POSITIONED WRONG ON THE TABLE"" OMG!!! he obviously did not and does not know what he is doing. That is very troubling. There is NO WAY he could have been using a fluoroscope, NO WAY, or he would have seen EXACTLY where he was. Such errors are a lack of checking and rechecking. It HURTS to know what you went through.

"HE SAID IT SHOULD SURROUND THE WHOLE AREA ANYHOW." THAT PnMgSt, is untrue. From what my PM doc has told me, if the medication is placed in the correct exact location it moves very very little. How else can the medication remain active for 4 months in my case. If it spread out there is no way it could be effective for long.

AHHHhhh how I wish you and so many others could esperience the incredible knowledge, exprtise and precison of my PM doc, Dr. K.

PnMgSt, everytime I read through your posts and MANY of others I'm more convinced, that in May I will fly like a bird 1400 miles away and get another ESI from Dr. K. The cost of the flight will be "minimal" knowing I can have confidence in Dr. K getting the medication to exactly and precisely the location it needs to go.

It bothers me to no end that the AMA, hospitals, etc. "protect" their incompetent doctors who have caused life threatening errors.

It is not just in the medical field, it is all around us as I'm sure you have experienced. I always maintained that in the building where I worked, you could fire 50% of the staff, the worthless ones, on Firday, and on Monday return to work with half the staff and no one would even know there was a change.

Okay, times up.

Thanks for permitting me to "share".

RichT
  • PLEASE BE CAREFUL. I KNOW YOU ARE IN PAIN. I HAD ABOUT 6 BEFORE SURGERY. WHEN HE GOT IN THER MY BONE JUST CRUMBLED. I DONT KNOW IF IT WAS THE STEROIDS OR THE ACCIDENT I HAD. THE DR DID SAY IT COULD RUIN YOUR OTHER DISK.
  • advertisement
advertisement