Two months ago I was hit on the top of the head by a counter-top. It weighed approx. 10-15 pounds and hit me falling at an angle on the top right side of my head. I ended up with a concussion and about a week later I started noticing pain in my neck and back. After two months, I am still seeing a chiropractor 3x, physical therapist 2x, and massage therapist 1x per week. I haven't noticed any improvement - some days are better than others, but I haven't had a single day when I wasn't in pain. They've taken an x-ray and MRI of the cervical spine and didn't notice anything out of place.
My pain includes the following:
- overall aching in my upper back and neck, this is lessened when I lay down on a hard surface and have my feet elevated.
- pain up and down the left side of my spine.
- pain in a specific spot on the left side of spine on my neck.
- pain shooting from behind my shoulder-blade angling up toward my spine.
- and then random other places hurting from day to day, sometimes hurting on the other side, same as above.
A week ago my physical therapist tried taping to see if that would keep my left shoulder-blade down as it doesn't want to rest properly. He taped from the top of the left shoulder down to my lower back on the right side. I started having really bad pain soon after I left and by the time I got out of work, I had tears streaming down my cheeks that I couldn't hold in anymore - I was in about the worst pain I've ever been in in my life. I luckily had a massage appointment which is at the same location as the PT, so I ran in and he immediately took the tape off. The two of them took care of me and worked to calm my nerves as well as my back. It seemed that the muscle behind the shoulder-blade got angry and caused basically every muscle on the left side of my neck and back to start spasming and freaking out. I've been in pretty bad pain ever since.
Any thoughts, comments, suggestions? I really don't know what to do and worry that this pain will never completely go away.