Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

did you take you pain Rx the morning of surgery?

Comments

• I was told to take my Norco before my 7 am fusion. The only meds to stop was Naproxen or Motrin and Neurontin. The hospital supplied my meds, which I think is good. I wouldn't want to risk something happening to them.
  • lol-I often reply that way as well..just ok,then I do as I please anyway.It saves time,among other things(usually something including finances-lol).

I took in a list though,and at least a dose of meds (in my purse-just incase).I wouldn't trust my meds around all those people-with myself incapacitated.At this point in my life I'm just not very trusting.I know how sad that sounds,but I would trust you strangers on this forum more than the people at the hospital or even some family members back home in PA when it comes to medication.That's the sad truth.
  • advertisement
  • I definately think that every hospital is different. I was told not to take any pain meds (norco) after midnight and my surgery was scheduled for 10am. The only med that they told me to bring to the hospital was my astelin (nasal spray) for allergies because the hospital pharmacy may not have it.

I was given something to relax me through my IV shortly after they put the IV in.

• They put something in my IV shortly before they wheeled me in operating room. I don't remember much other than saying goodbye to my husband and I was out before I got in the OR. I remember it vividly because it was the first time I had ever seen tears in his eyes. He must have been scared for me and never expressed this to me.
  • Ugh, I wish I could have been knocked out before I got into the O.R. Sitting in the O.R. watching them work around you and set things up, and counting tools, and seeing all the equipment is scary. My first surgery they gave me Valium beforehand, because I have bad anxiety, and my anxiety that day was so bad my temp went from it's normal 96/97, to 102. They gave me the Valium and it went back down to 96/97. I was only in the O.R. awake with that surgery for maybe 5 minutes, then they had me breathe in with the mask and they didn't even tell me that's what it was, so I wasn't nervous at all. Haha. My fusion surgery, though, I was awake in there for a good 15, 20 minutes. They had me awake while they positioned me on the table, and gave me blankets and pillows, and we talked and laughed and then one nurse sat down with me and was like, telling the other nurses we were having some medication cocktails as she injected things into my IV, and then I was out before they even put the mask on. Haha. But the anxiety I get sitting awake in the O.R. suuuuucks.
  • advertisement
  • I was told to take all my regular meds thet morning before surgery. I took my blood pressure meds (propolanol and HCTZ) and my two vicodin. The vicodin made the wait before I got my "happy drugs" more comfortable.
advertisement