Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain in Big toe when I stand on heal??

MingMMing Posts: 1,127
I was messing around today and standing on my heals because the doc made me do it and I didn't know why. Anyway, I noticed I have this shooting pain, almost like the pins and needles feeling in my big toe when I stand on my heals. Has anyone else had this happen or know why this happens?? I've never walked around on my heals before but did it just for the heck of it today. It must have something to do with the nerves.
advertisement

Comments

• I have the sensation that my toe could be used as a taser gun at times but its not exclusive to being on my heel. I had drop foot and my foot is coming alive again so all of it for me is nerve issues. I would imagine it would be nerves as well, something about being on your heel must pull on a nerve and send pain. More than likely the peripheral one if you have a compression on your sciatic. Wish I knew a little more for ya, but there is a couple cents for ya :)
    Erica
  • I think you may be the reason I was trying to walk on my heals. I remember reading a post the other day and someone mentioned shooting lightning out of their big toe like a superhero and that's all I could think of when I was standing on my heals. It was only my left big toe though and my pain is mostly on the right side. Very weird, although I am a weird person =))
  • advertisement
  • Yeah,
    Im sure that was me with the super hero toe. If the pain in my toe would actually work like a tazer I said I could start fighting city crime. How funny that your walked on your heels thinking of that. If you produce a bolt of lightning let me know and we will team up and pick out our super suits.
    erica
    As far as your pain goes...i have no idea like you said its a little wierd. not anything i personally experienced because i couldnt walk on my heels until recently.
  • Big toe pain is classic of L5 nerve root irritation.
  • Just to forewarn you, my favorite color is pink and I don't care too much for dresses but I am sure we can work something out =)) . My first task as a super hero is to tap away all our spiney friends' pains. We would we have capes too cuz that would be cool B) I also like the color of bright green (like in your shirt) with pink.
  • advertisement
  • What would we call ourselves if we possesed the power to rid the streets of crime and save our spiney friends? I am totally good with the color choices and capes. Its a good thing we could send tazers from our toes because i cant move that fast yet lol. We also need a pimpin car with plenty of pillows for cushion, which i think should be pink as well with green and white seats. :-C
  • I am not good with names. Maybe our spiney friends can help us out with that one. I don't move fast either. We have to make sure our seats have lumbar support as well =)) We are on our way to save the world and zap those chronic back pains away from all.
  • we need input on a good name for out super special big toe powers. Time to wipe out spinal problems once and for all one toe shock at a time. :? thinking of a name for us...and yeah that one post its L5 pinching inflamation.
  • how about
    Pink and Green Toe Tazing Team.....
    like i said im sleepy lol
  • We are determined to become super heros shooting out powers from our big toes to zap all chronic pain in our spiney friends'. We are at a loss for incredible super hero names. Please read our posts above for more info.

Thanks to all who have contributed. =))
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.