This will be long......hope you have a minute
. After years of being diagnosed with everything from heartburn to Mitral Valve Prolapse complaints that would take me to the dr are pain between shoulder blades, vertigo, shortness of breath, all over achy feeling, pain in arms, wrist and fingers) I have finally found the source of my issues (I think). I have a central herniated c5c6 disc. I have had a nerve conduction test done (with the needles?) in my arms that showed nerve damage in both arms that matches the c6 herniation. First plan of attack, celebrex, atenelol (chronic headache) and PT 2 times a week. I will have a nerve block done on 1-8-09 and then ....who knows. My Psiathrist said that because of the nerve damage, We will have to treat this "aggresively". I also hae a winged scapula due to muscle wekaness which I feel like is the major source of my pain and pulled a muscle in PT which put me on Soma along with Hydrocodone. I avoid using my arms becuase of the pain. Here are my questions. I hope someone can help.
1. What does agressive treatment for nerve damage mean?.
2. Anyone ever felt worse after PT that they did before they started?
3. Anyone ever noticed jerky movements in hands. I have a hard time typing because my fingers jerk so much that I hit the wrong keys. (could it be the Soma or nerve damage)?
4. Does anyone know if a winged scapula and a herniated cervicl disc are related or are these 2 different issues?
5. What is the average time off work after a disc removal surgery in the neck? ( I have an hour drive to get to work everyday)
I don't know all of the terminology...sorry. I really need some advice or to know others stories. I feel so alone. Even if it means someone telling me to suck it up and stop whinning, I just need advice.