Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

revision pliff

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Im 27 and have had 3 back surgies since Feb of 08. My last was a revision pliff. If anyone knows, when doctor replaces screws does he use a different location of the spine or the same location. Doc says he used larger screws. Common sense says he used the same. Since the surgery the pain has become worse, and went to another doc and they are thinking that the screws have come loose and have striped out the hole.
advertisement

Comments

• how new hardware works, but often loose screws can be seen on CT.

I do know that hardware being too large can increase pain.

Out of curiousity, do you get a lot of popping noises in your back when you change position? A noise like cracking your knuckles and brief increased pain then?
  • Hi Kevin,

Welcome to Spine health. I am sorry that you been having so much problems, three back surgeries in less than a year, ouch! You mentioned that you have a new doctor, hopefully he will be able to help you.

Good luck!

Kin
  • advertisement
  • I dont have that noise in my back, but I do have that noise in my neck. No surgies yet.?