Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Happy to have found an active forum!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:26 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone.. Im Jennie- I live in North Eastern USA...
Ive joined quite a few Pain Management/Spine forums and groups and they always seem to turn into duds where no one EVER TALKS.. So ive lurked a few different boards for a few weeks trying to find an active group... I dont think there is a better one than this!
I wish I would have found it a long time ago!
ANYWAY-
I am 31 years old, and have had surgeries on spine and legs-triple spinal fusion, Harrington rod, and hardware in left leg which was later removed due to hardware failure.
Ive been seeing a wonderfullllll Pain Management Doctor since 2002.
At this point, pain management with medicine is my only option although I do hope that some day a surgery will be invented that will cure me for good!
Again, glad to have found the board, everyone seems so nice, and its great to see such an active group!
JENNIE
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Jennie,
    Welcome to the board......I'm a newbie here also and have posted a few times and have always gotten a good response. I'm grateful for this board and the people here.
    Hope you'll stay........
    Kim
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have come to a great forum and it is busy from morning to night. <:P i am often on at night as i cannot sleep. I) i look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you better. i also use medications and other conservative treatments to control my pain. i hope you enjoy yourself here and join in as much as you like. :D good luck on your pain treatments as well. Jenny :)
  • advertisement
  • Welcome to Spine Health. As forums go, this one is by far the most active with meaningful content that I've ever seen.

"C"
  • Welcom to our little village on the web! I hope your time here will be excellent and warming to ya!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I'm also new here and am having my first fusion next week..I hope you can find some relief soon. I have been doing the pain management route for 9 years and have had enough...luckily (I think), a fusion is the only way for me...so we'll see

I do think that there are advancements coming about these days, so who knows what the future will hold...but never soon enough for all of us
  • advertisement
  • Hey everyone,
    I have posted a few times and agree that this is the best forum I have read...I feel comfortable with expressing myself here. Thanks everyone. :*
  • I love the place already :) .
    I forgot to write in the original forum that its also nice to see such an understanding group....
    Ive also joined groups before and it was horrible because everytime someone (especially a new person) posted, someone YELLED at them for SOMETHING. And im serious. People are literally sitting around waiting for posts to be up so they can pick them apart and tear apart the poster lol.
    Ive left a few of those just because I felt so bad for the new posters all of the time!
    Its hard to be a newbie in forum world lol...
    This is by far the friendliest forum Ive found !
    Thanks to everyone for the welcome !
    Jennie

• Welcome to spine health. We are all here to support you. You have been through a lot at a young age. You are fortunate to have a good Pain Management Doc. I do hope all the best for you. I have found people friendly here too.
  • Me? Young? Well thank you lol!

Ive had a lot of surgeries, starting at 21. The last surgery was in 2002 and Ive been in Interventional Pain Therapy since.
    Although it isnt the most convenient way to live, Its the ONLY way at the moment.

Its amazing the amt of info on this sight! I could literally sit and read threads for days, and never get bored, AND learn SOMETHING new in almost every thread.

Everyone in chronic pain/spinal injuries/etc should be referred to this sight!! :)
  • I'm in pain management too. Mostly just meds I had facet joint injections and 3rd epidural Dec.6. Back to pain management Dr. on Saturday. I'm not sure what's up then. What's interventional therapy? Have you tried biofeedback? Take care and glad to have you here. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement