Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

ESI yesterday....now just waiting for the pain to go away.....

spinaltapsspinaltap Posts: 50
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi everybody. I had my ESI yesterday at about 9 in the morning. I won't lie and say it was painfree and wonderful, but it wasn't as horrible as I expected it. I was given 2 mg of Atavan (spelling?) before I went back, they placed me on the gurney and I felt 2 or 3 sharp stabs ( can't remember exactly because the Atavan really makes you forget everything). I took 2 more Atavan when they finihed and I didn't wake up until 7pm last night. I know they say it takes about 7 to 10 days to notice relief....so I'm going to try not to be dissapointed that I'm hurting just as bad today as I was yesterday. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...here's to a pain free day to all :H .
advertisement

Comments

• Yesterday was my 10th day after the procedure.....I can't tell you what happened other than prayers, but it just....worked. I was at work and having a BAD day and all of a sudden I stopped and realized my arms and shoulders and back weren't hurting. I wouldn't tell anybody because I was afraid it would come back, but it hasn't yet. It's been 21 hours pain free.....it feels so strange. Is this a fluke???? I can't believe it. I haven't felt this way in months. This is crazy. Thank God.....even if it does only last a little while.....thank God.
  • Good news for you! Glad it's kicked in! My ESI was Friday and I'm still miserable, my leg is driving me absolutely crazy! My first ESI lasted 8 months and I'm optimistic this one will be as effective!
    Jay
  • advertisement
  • Relief was extremly short lived. The pain is back. I'm dissapointed. It may have not even been the shot that helped. I may have just been having a good day. Sigh........
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,362
    I feel terrible for you. It is so disheartening to get up with the same old pain isn't it? I hope you get to feeling better. Have you had any of these injections before? I had a myelogram yesterday that wasn't as bad as I feared (not that I want another)but the headaches and nausea are making me wonder why I bothered..what we go through to find relief...Take care
    Debbie
  • This is my first ESI. From what I've read, if the first one doesn't work, then the second one probably won't either. I go back to my doctor Friday so I hope she can give me some encouraging news. My pain seems to be mostly nerve pain. Hurts all the way to the fingertips. What is a myelogram? Is that diagnostic or is it for pain?
  • advertisement
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,362
    spinaltap said:
    This is my first ESI. From what I've read, if the first one doesn't work, then the second one probably won't either. I go back to my doctor Friday so I hope she can give me some encouraging news. My pain seems to be mostly nerve pain. Hurts all the way to the fingertips. What is a myelogram? Is that diagnostic or is it for pain?
    What did your doctor have to say? Good news I hope. I know pain and I sympathize with you. The myelogram is diagnostic...they did an MRI first and said this would help them see more definitely where surgery would be more beneficial. I was thinking, "what surgery"? The myelogram gave me a terrible headache for a couple of days but whats been even worse is the lower back pain it's caused. I don't know why but they said unfortunately its pretty common with the procedure. I told them I went in with a pain in the neck and came out with a pain in the butt....ah the story of my life. Debbie
advertisement