Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

How does the neck problem relate to a leg problem?

ButterflyPainBButterflyPain Posts: 289
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I know no one is a doc here, but I get new symptoms as the months have progressed , that I've had my problems since the end of 07. Last couple months I've been have pain in my ankle, hip, knee, foot, and some nerve pain all in my left leg. All my neck and arm pain is on my left side as well. My neurologist said my Lumbar Strain and leg pain happened because of my neck problems...I know we have one spine, but how does the neck affect the leg? Is C5/C6/7 have nerves that go to the leg? Or what? I have a sharp sensitive pain in my lumbar spine now that hurts when I move it in certain ways.
My arm seems slightly more weak as my wrist and hand...The neuro thought I had a tendonitis in that hand...

My problems are listed in my detail in my signature.

What do you think? Should I get a Lumbar test of some kind? Or could it be just from the neck?

Thanks
advertisement

Comments

• Lumber MRI is needed to really see how things are. I know having surgery on one part puts strain on the rest of the spine. It can't hurt to get a c-spine as well as LS spine MRI. Perhaps other people who had cervical surgery could relate somehow to your symptoms. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • charry said:
    Lumber MRI is needed to really see how things are. I know having surgery on one part puts strain on the rest of the spine. It can't hurt to get a c-spine as well as LS spine MRI. Perhaps other people who had cervical surgery could relate somehow to your symptoms. Take care. Charry
    Thanks for responding!
    If I could get a cheap enough MRI I would do it for my lumbar. Maybe next visit I'll see...I might first try x ray. I know they aren't as good, but my c spine x ray showed stuff that led me to an MRI of my c-spine, so it is a start for me.
    Thanks again!
  • advertisement
  • due to my cord being compressed 50% in c4-c6. my whole body was affected. i was in pain in the legs terrible by the end of the work day from carrying mail my legs were week and swollen. both arms hurt and i had breathing problems. so now i have none of those symptoms since surgery.
  • I have the same question. I no longer have a reflex in my right knee, I had one before my cervical spine surgery and now it is gone. My surgeon just makes a funny face when he test my reflex. On my last visit I asked the PA about it and she says "no big deal, a lot of people don't have knee reflexes".....I think there is a connection.

Sharon
advertisement