Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I think I have a problem!

advertisement

Comments

• I have pain constant, 24/7 which can and has waned during the day with the help of meds.

I take
    acetaminophen 6 hourly
    ibuprofen 8 hourly
    oxycodone 3-6 hourly ( i know it is supposed to be 6 hourly but this regime is agreed with my doc as needed)

But at the moment I am not covered. I may as well not take them!!

So you brace yourself mentally each day and get through the hours.
    My pain wakes me up 3 hourly at night, it is awful, just like post op pain when you are due the next doses of meds. If the post op pain is this bad then I know somthing is afoot. Hopefully nothing too serious.

Charry, I wish it was a UTI! =))
    I am waiting a call back from my local doctor. I have decided I will go to ER if it cotinues to escalate.
    These things either get better or not.
    I know the Red Flags. Problem is I have had some of them for many months! =))

Still, at least I have my smile!
    Take care all. I will post progress reports and hope tomorrow I can say "I am feeling 100x better! and cancelled the appt!"

• I think you also should show up at the surgeon when he isnt in surgery and talk in person. Do not wiat for Mid Feb. Too long. If there is something wrong, prolonging it will only make it worse...I care and want you to feel better soon. Dont wait out of fear. You can get answers faster than that.
  • advertisement