Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Post fusion people...

advertisement

Comments

• Thanks for the replies. In answer to the questions posted:

I do have a herniation, 2 actually and one now starting at L3, very minimal. This one will blow eventually if my back keeps deteriorating.

I have not had a discogram - I heard they are very painful and the doctors I have seen said they don't offer or recommend them.

I have tried PT, steriod injections, pain pills (up the wazoo), biofeedback, exercises. The doctors, however, told me that there was nothing really left other than surgery to fix this. That is what is so frustrating. The insurance company is basically saying pffft to what the doctor says, we say NO.

I am going to keep trying. I believe in the way the doctor fixes backs - he did Pika's back surgery. I just wish their office would be more helpful with additional letter or info.
  • Help! I am 3 weeks today postop. I am still having calf muscle and leg pain. I am Flexiril and Percoset. My doctor wants to wait and see what happens before he recomends anything. I would appreciate your answers and if any of you are still experiencing these issues even after 3 weeks.

Thanks

Gowri
  • advertisement
  • 3 weeks is wicked soon to expect to be pain free. lol. it's VERY typical, and it's nearly unheard of for people to NOT have some pain, sometimes new pain, sometimes remaining previous pain, etc... don't worry yourself this soon. give yourself at LEAST a few months before getting anxiety over pain. it takes time for the nerves to heal. it can take a year or so, even. and you are silly healing from the surgery itself. it's very, very, very soon. give it time, you're doin fine (: i'm 4 months post op and i also take percocet still, so 3 weeks out being on it is nothing to worry about. good luck with the rest of your recovery!
  • I am still taking the same meds as when I left hospital and I had a 2 level PLIF and diskectomy. It is way to early to worry about it yet. You went through a moajor surgery and it takes lots of paitience and time to heal. I just had my 2 visit, he x rayed and said was just looking for anything wrong as it is to early for much else. Hang in there. Walk and rest. It just is hard, I know, but springs gotta come and that will help everyones attitudes. Take care and we are here for ya!
  • I CAN REALLY APPRECIATE WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. THIS WAS THE WORST PAIN I HAD EVER EXPERIENCED. I HAVE HAD 3 C- SECTIONS AND MY NECK FUSED, BUT THIS HARDWARE WAS AWFUL. I AM ALMOST 3 YEARS PAST SURGERY AND STILL CAN'T BE OFF DARVACET- WHICH DOES NOT KILL THE PAIN. I JUST READ WHERE SOMEONE SAID IF THEY HAVEN'T ( NURSES AND DR.'S) HAD THE SURGERY THEY SHOULD SHUT UP ABOUT PAIN MEDS.GOOD LUCK. P.S. DID YOU HAVE THE MBP IMPLANTED OR YOUR OWN BONE?
  • advertisement
advertisement