Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

What does Nerve Damage in leg feel like??

advertisement

Comments

• Alan KennedyAAlan Kennedy Posts: 1
    edited 08/01/2015 - 6:28 AM
    I was in a motorcycle accident on June 24th. I wasnt so lucky as I broke my right ankle, broke one of my lower right ribs, had pretty bad internal bleeding and unfortunately broke L2, T10, and T6 if I remember correctly. I have nerve pain/irritation in my left leg starting about midway down my shin following down the inside of my foot to my toes. It's the most uncomfortable feeling if someone bumps my leg or I hit it on something!!! Most of the nerve damage is in my foot. I don't have a lot of movement. I am able to move my toes a bit and I am able to pivot my ankle downward but am unable to pivot it upwards. There is also an extreme irritation on the inside of my foot and only feels good when I massage is or scratch it? I got a spine fusion and was in the hospital for 32 days. I've been out of the hospital for 9 days now so it's still a pretty recent operation I know but I'm very worried and uncomfortable!! I'm only 22yo but very worried that I won't be able to experience much more movement in my foot! I'm very athletic and I'm a sports fanatic. I've been walking as much as I can handle just to try and get movement back in my foot but it's hard since I got the spine fusion to deal with also... what to do

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
  • seansmomsseansmom Posts: 10
    edited 08/04/2015 - 5:31 PM
    I am 5 wks post op microdiscectomy/laminectomy at L5-S1. Prior to surgery, I had a "heavy pulling" feeling in the back of my thigh. That turned into a lot of pain. Then, came tingling and finally burning in my heel. I figured that numbness may be next? I don't know how the nerves work. I had surgery pretty quickly after 3 drs recommended it. I'm having the heavy feeling in the same spot and have had sharp twitches and spasms. My dr said that the nerve is regenerating and will take awhile to heal. I read that it heals at a rate of 1mm a day? I know that I need patience, but am hopeful, from what I've read here that with time, I can be pain free. I'd love to be pain free, if just for a little while to remember how it feels.

• advertisement