Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Neck and Upper back pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,322
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I hurt my upper back a few months ago playing around with my friend. I quickly snapped my head forward and back and in that motion I felt a popping on my upper spine right 3-4 inches down from the base of my neck. The next week my neck was very stiff but it slowly went away. The pain has recently come back giving me a stiff neck. Whenever I look down to a certain point both the back of my neck and the the same area on my spine feels pain. Any ideas on what I should do? I'm guessing I should see a doctor but wanted to get the forums thoughts.


  • And yes you certainly do need to get yourself to a doctor ASAP as your cervical spine is nothing to play around with. There are too many things that can go wrong and I could not even begin to venture a guess at what might be going on in there. The ER is always available if the pain gets to be too much. They can at least do X Rays. But please please please call either your PCP or an orthopaedic doctor or a Neuro Surgeon. Some people prefer ortho's and others prefer their Neuro Surgeons. But whichever you pick do it soon. Please.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. if this pain persists and it seems it will, it is best to see a doctor!! :T get yourself a check up and make sure you are not injuring yourself even further. good luck and i hope you feel better soon. :D Jenny :)
  • advertisement
  • Get to a doctor. I had a cervical fusion 2 days ago and a cervical decompression 15 months ago. Basically, don't let it go because it WILL cause problems down the line.


    DDD, 4 level laminectomy 10/12/07, fusion C4-C5 2 days ago 2/4/2009. Just a plate and screws put in for unstable cervical vertrebras, but it still smarts, arthritis and other issues in there.
Sign In or Register to comment.