Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Oxycodone HCL, WTF?!

advertisement

Comments

• My Dr ended up calling in vicodin HP for me yesterday. So about 10 min later the pharmacy calls and says we are out of that too shipment comes in tomorrow. OIVAY!!! oh well, least I got something. I also kinda feel bad for the phamacists and the techs that work there. They are catching heck for this and its not their fault. I heard one guy screaming at the poor girl.
  • Is there a supply chain problem, or a batch plant problem?

I think we should try and find out as "may" have huge implications on pain control and if we need to consider other meds, perhaps this is better done sooner than later.

While the rest of the country sorts out the shortage, you can try a gradual transition.

Makes me mad when I see things about illegitimate use, the spoilers that jeopardise our treatment.
  • advertisement
  • please see my post on the other oxycodone thread - ethex has stopped mfg and many drugs were recalled. I think they were not meeting quality standards (I'm not sure how much I can say due to my job - not sure if it's classfied or not). they were the major supplier. We are just wating for another mfg to begin making and shipping. It may be a few months.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I haven't tried to see a PM dr yet. I'm trying to just deal with it. I don't think I'm doing a very good job of it. PT isn't helping..not so far. My therapist told me she doesn't see how it will really help me. What makes me so mad is that I went to the NS office twice and both times saw the nurse practioner and she evidently relayed my information to the Dr. and I saw her for about four min. I don't even have a return appt. I feel like I was shuttled through and shoved aside you know? Maybe there's nothing wrong with me? Maybe I just act like I'm in pain....yeah, that's it. Don't you think? Sorry...I've had a rough day.
    Debbie
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Thanks for the tip about asking. I wouldn't have thought of it. I don't get it. I really don't. I hope you can find some relief. Why in the world won't they prescribe something for you?? That stinks...really.
    Debbie
  • advertisement
advertisement