Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Interspinous surgery on Feb. 24th

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,322
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Spinal Stenosis

My NS has recomended Interspinous device surgery instead of a fussion. He is useing a newer device that attatches better then the X-stop & has had great success so he says with it. So we are going to give it a try, since it is minumally invasiv & I can be back to work with less time off for recovery. He said the X-Stop had too much movement when attached & that may have been the cause of so many failures I've been reading about.Anyway I have my surgery on the 24th & can't wait to get it over with. I've been reading & on this forum since June of last year & I'm finally getting around to getting something done. I've saved up $$$ for what the ins doesnt pay & for my time off of work. I've been a truck driver for 33 yrs & would like to finnish out my career in 5 yrs with less pain.
advertisement

Comments

• I am looking into surgery for SS and investigating X-stop as a possibility Getting mixed reviews What is the new device your NS recommends? Does it have a track record and
    finally where did you get the info on the X-stop failures?
    I find that most surgeons downplay a procedure they don't perform.

Will greatly appreciate your reply. Good luck
    John
  • 1 had an "X" stop inserted at the same time as a two level fusion on december 14th 2006 & touch wood so far it has been fine as has all of the other metal work!! I am waiting to speak to someone to find out whether or not I now have SS, where did you get or how did you get you diagnosis??db
  • advertisement

• Aspen Lanx is the devise I had implanted 2 days ago.

http://www.lanx.com/innovations/aspen.php
  • I replied to the thread that DCguy had going on the X-stop.

But here is the info I found. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=2226191

When my wife gets back from the store I'll ask her the name of the devise the NS used on me.
  • how you doing now?
  • advertisement
advertisement