Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Anyone with multi lumbar fusions...How flexiable are you?

advertisement

Comments

• This is an interesting discussion. What amazes me mostly when somebody asks me if I can do everything I have done before my three-level (L3-S1) fusion on 5/1/08. My answer is, yes, but with modifications, or alternatively, I think I could do anything but I don't know as I have not tried. Since I was warned not to put more stress on the vertebrae above the fusion area, I am really careful. Somebody gave me a book titled "8 steps for a pain-free back" and the author advocates doing hip hinges, rather than bending from the waist. That is what I do. I am so used to it now that I can bend to pick up things bending from the floor from the hip joint with straight back and I don't even think about it. Reaching up high is a problem, but the PT taught me to do it from a lounging position or use a step stool. I am now back to my regular exercise class where I substitute some moves for others that don't seem right to me. I walk an average 12,000 -20,000 steps a day. Oh, and I am 72 years of age (not old by any means!)

Kin