Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm back on schedule

stockbrokersstockbroker Posts: 464
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Pain Management
I sure am glad I trusted my gut and did not proceed with that neurosurgeon who was just so-o-o-o indredibly fabulous he wouldn't speak to his own patients. After what seems to have been a full-time job, I have put together the best team of docs a girl could hope for. I have the neurosurgeon who is going to do the final implant (problably with laminectomy leads)and who I have met face-to-face and talked to and who answers my questions, the entire nine yards. I also have a neat PM doc, a very petite lady who is nice as can be and tells me the new SCS are made out of a material that will permit one to have an MRI (as long as its shut off). I'm going in this Thursday for the psych evaluation and then I should be off and waiting. I also have a separate PM doc who is much closer to home who is doing my drugs and who feels like an old friend. So my situation has certainly improved for the better. And thank you to all of you who helped me get through the horror of that last experience. Susan.
advertisement

Comments

• I am so very jealous that you have managed to find the dream team! Please keep us informed!
    I do my SCS trial in slightly more than 3 weeks...
    Oh, please let it work, for all that try it! I am so tired of pain, pain meds and forgetting everything!
  • stockbroker said:
    I also have a neat PM doc, a very petite lady who is nice as can be and tells me the new SCS are made out of a material that will permit one to have an MRI (as long as its shut off).
    I would question that MRI information to the point of requesting copies of the source of her information. The SCS manufacturers can't even legally make that statement and the FDA requires their safety information contain the exact opposite statement.
  • advertisement
  • hi! :H what good news that your pain program is going your way!! =D> you will get approved with no problem i am sure!! :D good luck as you continue forward! Jenny :)
  • Susan,

That's excellent news. I too am curious about the claim to be safe for MRI's. Just doesn't pass the logic test. It would be fantastic, however more info is needed.

"C"
  • I'm told this is the latest generation of spinal cord stimulators. The subject came up when I told her I wasn't keen on the idea of not being able to have a deflibrilator used on me and she told me the latest stimulators do not have that restriction. In fact blah blah blah MRI comment. She also told me how she had gone from using Medtronic to Boston Scientific, back to Medtronic and then ANS so I don't even know which brand she's using. It may be a while until I see her again(you know how that goes) but I, for one, sat up and took notice when she made this comment (as I see the rest of you did). That would be pretty cool though. I've been worried about what I would do with all my free time if I weren't lying in a tube somewhere getting some part of my lower anatomy scanned (just kidding).Susan
  • advertisement
  • The MRI question at my trial! If there is a newer unit that allows pacemaker use and MRIs. I will be waiting/begging for one! I'm not as young as I used to be! May need those things some day!
  • I am so happy to hear you are back on track with your SCS. That is wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted.

Jacque >:D<
  • This was long overdue. You have been through hell and back trying to get someone to implant this device and I hope it brings you relief. I am very happy for you and look forward to hearing how you do with the SCS <:P
  • I just want to thank all of you. AGAIN, for supporting me through some of my darkest days. I know my primary asked me if I wouldn't just be better off going along with the weird psychologist, but, who knew what he would do with his apparent anger. How would he interpret the SUBJECTIVELY GRADED MMPI (after already giving me a "pass") As it turns out I feel so good about the hands I have placed myself into. Be advised, I filed a complaint with the hospital (who's attitude was "we asked the psychologist if he lied and he said 'no'" so that's good enough for us. (Thank God our criminal system doesn't work the same way.) I also filed a complaint with my insurance company and with the psychological examining board. I don't expect much to come of it because it is his word against mine. There were no witnesses. He seemed quite cocky in the knowledge that he would get away with this. But I take comfort in knowing I've caused him a boatload of trouble and he will think twice before doing this to someone else. But enough of that. Onward!
  • Just picking up a point & I am also curious about the MRI stuff as I thought this was a massive no no - would love to know more about this new generation SCS.

As far as using a defib on you, hopefully if this ever happened it would be because you are in REAL need & once they had got your heart beating again, the problems with the SCS would be sorted. I would be far happier to be alive than not defibbed incase it caused a problem with my SCS? I understand you couldn't have an implantable one with a SCS but if they thought I needed one of those, I perhaps would go back to having my neuropathic pain & get my SCS out - otherwise it would be a terminal problem!!! Hopefully we will never have to face ANY of these dilemmas, but an interesting thought!!! :?

Please could you let me know what the make & model of this new generation SCS is so I can look into it.

Thanks
    Eliza x
advertisement