Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Epidural Injection

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,082
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I saw the Phsyiatrist and she has ordered an Epidural Sterioid injection..........C3-4........

I am so afraid........I am looking for the best anesthesia guy.........I had an epidural during childbirth......and was terrified then........

Any advice would be appreciated.......

Thanks!
advertisement

Comments

• I just had one yesterday without any IV or sedation. It wasn't anything like I expected. At first you feel the needle then pressure and then a slight burn but it's over so fast it's hard to get really nervous about it. Believe me it is NOTHING like the epidural you get during childbirth. I'd give birth naturally again before going through that one EVER! The needle is much much smaller and it doesn't take nearly as long to do.
  • I have had several the procedure itself is really not that bad. The only thing I had was my pain got worse for a couple of days before it actually got better.
  • advertisement
  • Mine was done with the assistance of an xray machine. I layed face down on a table and it was over so fast you can't imagine.

Wishing you the best!

Cindee
  • Thanks everyone..........

I am also having it done with an x-ray machine I think........

We found the person who is the best but it was too late by the time I got his number........

I will set it up asap........yes my shoulder is much better since the injection there........

I am nervous but I won't look at the needle.........maybe after...........
  • This is by far the easiest shot I've experienced. I'm pretty sure they are all xray guided. They had me lay on a table and the procedure took less then 10 minutes. It was very quick.
  • advertisement
  • I have had 3 of these shots so far. The first one without conscious sedation which to me was terrible. I must have a low pain tolerance, compared to what others have experienced. The other 2 I went to a surgi center with a very good anesthesia pain doc who did them under conscious sedation(your given an iv where they give you a little versed and fentanyl)and that was 150% better.

I am having another one this Friday and just knowing that I will be comfortable through it takes away all my fear and anxiety. These injection into your cervical spine SHOULD always be done under x-ray, so they know where they are injecting. My injections are done at the C7-T1 level and they inject upwards to reach the above levels.
  • Thank you..........

So did everyone get some relief for the pain?

My doctor is hoping it will shrink the herniation down........have any of you seen this happen?

Thanks!
  • I'm so sorry Katoo..........it seems like you have a lot going on........this really does stink........I wish we could just replace our parts like we do for our cars.....

Well I am really hoping this does something.......I have been so limited......I hate that.......I want some of my life back........
  • Gosh I wish this was over with.........I am having the injection this Monday..........I have to see the doctor on Friday..........

I keep getting scared though.........what if I sneeze? I know it's probabley silly to worry so much.........I will be happy when it's over........

I gave myself a couple days off work.......
  • No I didn't have mine yet.........it's supposed to be on Monday........

What is ugs...........are you in major pain?

I am so scared.........
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.