Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

BMP W/ INFUSE SURGERY

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,321
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I JUST HAD THE BMP W/ INSUSE CERVICAL SUGERY. THEY TELL YOU NOT TO GET PREGNANT FOR ONE YEAR. HAS ANYONE BECOME PREGNANT IN THIS TIME PERIOD AND CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT IT? I HAVE HEARD THE CHEMICAL IS OUT OF YOUR BODY IN 48 HOURS AND THIS IS JUST A FDA STANDARD STUDY WARNING. THAT AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT GET PREGNANT WHILE YOU HAVE THE SURGERY OR 48 HOURS AFTER YOU ARE FINE.
I REALLY NEED TO KNOW.
advertisement

Comments

• That's all I could say. I can't believe a Dr. is still even using that in the neck. The FDA has warned Dr.'s that there have been at least 3 deaths from swelling in the neck. I know about the pregnancy warning but I don't know for how long.
  • I'm sorry, I just realized how scary that sounded. You would have already had problems- these were associated with swelling immediately after surgery.If you have not had those you won't at this point.
  • advertisement
  • I just learned of this warning - wish my surgeon had mentioned it. There is a very high risk of severe bone/skeletal birth defects in animal models (rabbits) who received BMP that they believe are related to rabbit anti-cow BMP antibodies. I wonder if there is a test readily available to determine if someone who has had BMP made antibodies after their surgery.
  • they are slowly learning a few nasty things about this BMP stuff.
    Iguess we will have to watch this space.

Summerparks, you need to d/c this with a doctor, it may have serious implications. Hope not but better check.
advertisement