I've been posting Chris' progress under the topic "Chris' fusion" since his L2-5 instrumented fusion w/ L4-5 TLIF 10 1/2 months ago. Just this week, the ortho surgeon told us there was not as much bone growth as he would expect for 10 1/2 months and that the bone growth that is visible is not where he would want it to be.
Chris does not smoke, has walked almost daily (up to 6 miles/day), has taken calcium, avoided NSAIDS, followed the no BLT rules, etc....
Since Chris has been using a bone stimulator for only 45 days, we decided to continue on this course for the next 45 days and then have another CT scan before concluding that he has a failed fusion.....that will be 13 months post surgery.
What happens next if he does not fuse? I'd really appreciate hearing grom anyone who has been through this.
As always, thanks. Terri