Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Scar tissue

Comments

• Hi meyday321,

I'm not sure. I stand and my left sciatic starts to burn a little. My NS seems to have written me off to a physiatrist and says the scar tissue is nothing. I'm consulting with a few friends in the healthfield with a mri trained eye. I am a little po'd, but let's face it, I'm better than I was, but know too much now. Who knows what next to expect.
    Hope your feeling better.

Backman38

• sounds like we have both been busy on our quest to get some relief...I have had a pretty good idea about the EF since last fall and had a MRI right before Christmas last year then had a SCS placed which was too high and long story short the revision got infected now I am waiting to have it put back in.

I am also second guessing myself wondering if I should try to have the hardware removed. Have you had yours out? I don't remember. I tried a caudal ESI which in itself was horrible but it didn't help I hope you have better luck. & yeah I never had "flares" in between feeling relief, it never went away like you. So I guess these people are lucky???

talk to you soon

• advertisement
  • Hi Pettynme, sorry you had that complication and hopefully the infection cleared up by now. My hardware is still in and no one has mentioned anything about taking it out. I am in discussions about implanting a morphine pump later on and hope it will help control the pain better.

Backman, I understand how frustrated you are but hopefully the psysiatrist will help you with your sciatica. The NS was probably trying to say that nothing more surgical can be done at the moment. I have heard this before, and this simply means they want to wait and see how things go. Hang in there
  • Scar tissue is what is causing me so much pain. Anytime a surgeon puts a knofe in you....you end up with scar tissue. They only come back with a vengence if you have them removed. Removing scars creates more scaring.I was told no surgeon would touch my scar tissue and i know better than to let them.
    I have to live with my pain :''( it is the only choice I have.
    Just remember anything that is done is going to cause more scaring.
    The thought of removing the sorce of your pain is an awsome feeling but I for one do not reccomend it. I am no Doctor....just stating what I have learned.
    Good luck to you.
    Hugssssssssss >:D<
    Patsy W
  • and ended up feeling better? I have a hard time believing scar tissue is my sole problem since I now feel about the same as before surgery (a bit of an improvement) except for tingling/numbness bottom of foot before toes (Left foot), which started after April 1st "flare-up"(6 weeks post-op).

Wow, what a run-on sentence,...LOL!
  • advertisement
  • Are told to avoid future attempts at cleaning this up. More surgery generally leads to more scar tissue. The fear is that while the existing scar tissue is causing problems. Once they go in to attempt a cleanup it may indeed cause even more scar tissue resulting in unknown consequences.

There are many people here who have this condition. I'm sure they will offer their advice. You may indeed have scar tissue porblems that will mimic or cause the exact same problems as before the surgery. The scar tissue will grow into the areas that surgery occured in, That causes near to of identical sensations.

Sorry I can't be much more help than this.
  • Thare is a common foot problem called Morton's Neuroma that occours in feet. Numbness or a stinging sensation occurs in the ball of the foot....usually between the base of the third and fourth toe. It can cause the lightning bolt shot as you discribed and become very painfull. Could this be your foot problem?? I had this problem several years ago. A shot of cortazone can clear it up. The ball of your foot just behind your toes burns and stings.
    This is just a thought.
    Best of luck to you.
    Hugssssssssss >:D<
    Patsy W
  • how are you feeling? Any treatment seem to be working on your fibrosis?

I think my scarring was a result of post operative bleeding of some sort because I had 2 levels worked on and the other level shows hardly any signs of epidural fibrosis at all. Anytime there is excessive bleeding or pooling blood, scar formation is very likely from what I have read. That leads me to my point,....the use of a laser to "melt' dead fibrosis has shown a lot of promise, especially if done endoscopically. Anything that minimizes tissue damage should correlate with less scar formation. When I speak with my surgeon again, I will voice my sentiment regarding this method.

Anyone else have an opinion?
  • I haven't heard of using lasers for that but it sounds really interesting. Right now I'm waiting to have a permanent implantation of a morphine pump and hopefully it will deal with the pain from the scar tissue and other problems that are going on. I can hardly wait because all I can do is lay in bed due to the pain being so bad. I can't cook, showering is a chore, or drive unless absolutely necessary. This is no way to live. I have a teen and a tween, a dog, 2 birds, lizard, fish and husband to keep up with.
  • checkout this link about vit e and trental for ef treatment. i think i'm gonna try it with my doc and see if he'll give me the rx. it's worth a try for me.

https://bjr.birjournals.org/cgi/content/full/77/922/885

it's a good read. i hope you feel better soon! hang in there....
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.