Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Scar tissue

Comments

• Meydey, happy to share what I come across. I have been reading the forums for several years and want to make sure I start contributing.

I am told I have a complicated situation, but I am sure that is many people. Luckily I do not have any pain radiating down my legs. All that type of pain was removed after fusion. I am told I likely have several sources of pain from SIJ, Facets, spinal stenosis, and abnormal lumbar curve.

I am in the process of looking for answers and therefore meeeting new docs and doing research. One doc suggested that procedure and after doing some reserach on internet it seems positive. I am going to ask about the PTX (Trental) and Vitamin E approach.

Yes I do take meds. I take 2-3 vicodin es and 2 or so baclofen each day. That helps, but doesn't take my pain down enough. I can't take much more of either because they put me to sleep and like most people I need to work to pay the bills. And I hate feeling drunk and tired.

I have tried PT many times, tons of exercises and back stretches, accupuncture, lyrica, amrix, tramadol, celebrex, cymbalta (blew me away), lots of cortisone injections, inversion table, etc. I can't find a position where I don't have pain. Lying down is the best, but hurts too so I am looking at RF Rhiz and removing the lesions to help. Can't get consistent answers from the docs so it is hard to know what to do.

LOL, sorry for the long answer. Wanted to explain things a little.

Mark
  • advertisement
  • Your symptoms sound like textbook spinal stenosis. Wonder if they could make more room for the cord?

• Did your scar tissue symptoms progress slowly over time? During this progression, did the symptoms travel possibly from one leg to the other or just up/down the leg? How long did it take for your symptoms to not migrate any more and stay in familiar areas?

Thanks. I ask because some symptoms are showing up in my other (good) leg, which concerns me alot. :S
  • You're right...mine could be disc. I hope it isn't, I don't want him trimming it off again. That's how I would've ended up on the table again in the first place (weakened disc wall). If it's scar tissue or bone or a free fragment of sorts, by all means, get it outta there. I'm working on some more possible treatments. "Seek and ye shall find"..., right?

I think the study works. Can it hurt to try it? Hell,...they try everything else! Take the study with you. GL

I continue to believe that the biggest reason for FBSS is waiting too long for surgery when it truely is needed. Intraneural fibrosis is an example of that IMO. Maybe over time it resolves itself though.
  • advertisement
  • What odds are you giving on it being disc?

I may just have another radiologist read my latest MRI with me standing right next to him/her. I'll pay out of pocket for it if I have to. :?
  • How did the weekend go for you guys? Mine was painful as usual, but I still managed to stay in good spirits.

Gwennie, best wishes on your appt tomorrow- hopefully it will be constructive and informative. Nobody likes the runaround. Maybe this time you'll get a straight answer.

Buckeye, I am guessing my scar tissue gradually formed over time. I do remember an episode where it felt like lightening going down my right leg and then jumping over to the other one. I could hardly walk and the pain was enormous. Damned muscle spasms had me crying. Taking my meds was like drinking water- it did nothing. I went to the ER to get stabilized and medicated. After that I went in for an MRI and that was how I found out about this problem.

Hi Aquaman, your post wasn't a novel- don't worry about it. It sounds like medication affects you a lot. 3 Vicadins a day doesn't do much to me because I've taking strong meds for a long time. I am on Cymbalta too, and the only time it hit me like a bomb was when I ran out and waited a few days to get more. Boy was that a mistake. :& I also have pain coming from different problems: facet arthritis, severe DDD, and DJD.

Well, I guess I'll run into you all tomorrow. Goodnight.. I)
  • Looks like I'm going to undertake the "accurascope" procedure in Dayton. Will get referred to them this week. They will be able to see and laser both sides of both levels through a 1/4 inch incision at the base of the spine. If the disc is out of its margin they can shrink and seal the disc wall with the laser. If it's scar tissue, they will be able to melt it away. They will be able to see things the MRI cannot. All this without opening me up through my back. Like the Dr. stated...."if you are going to remodel the house, why not go through the front door instead of tearing off the roof to get there."

They have been doing this procedure for over 8 years and treated over 4000 patients. Its FDA approved and Insurance covered. I think it could be the best kept secret in the industry. I'm very optimistic watching all the video testimonials.

Search the web using the terms "accurascope+surgery+Dayton+Rothstein" and you should be able to see what I'm talking about.
  • thanks for sharing that. please let us know what happens. i am seeing some new docs in the next few weeks and hope to have a better idea about my issues. it seems i might have facet and possibly spinal stenosis issues.

here is the link for your procedure. good luck!

https://northamericanspine.com/dnd_surgery/dnd_surgery.htm
  • just so you know. It could be an option for you.

A moderator will remove your link because the site isn't getting paid to advertise that company. Thanks for trying to spread the word more efficiently.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.