Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Any rule of thumb for height of monitor?

MaggiePMMaggieP Posts: 336
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I think my monitor might be too low. After I'm on for an hour or so, I have trouble raising up my head, and sometimes my neck seems to lock up. When I raise my head to free it up I can hear a very loud crack. :D Then to tip head down to read screen again, neck muscles feel tight. I thought about putting a phone book or something under the monitor, but not sure how much to raise it up. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Maggie
advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    eye level only ... The level that would be comfortable if/when I wear my brace ... hard or soft ... IMHO .... you should not have to be looking up or down ... just straight on.

Good Luck and happy necking!

D
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,454
    eye level is the best height for your monitor. You do not want to have to bend your head down to read the monitor nor raise your head up.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement