Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Any good products for reducing back pain that you could not go without?

advertisement

Comments

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,746
    My memory foam mattress topper and my zero gravity recliner!
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • carnt be without our recliners ! an essential piece of kit for the bad back and to travel in my 3 year old beloved hyundai Tucson 4x4
    STRAKER
  • advertisement
  • Cindy? Isn't that your name? lol.

Thanks for that info.

It's cool getting ideas on how to do things at home-gives me things to do & saves money too :)))

I wonder why the KARO for hot/cold packs..I wonder if it cracks or stays soft when frozen.I wonder why I'm asking when I have karo in my cupboard & I could simply try it out :))(
  • Those of you that love your recliners....what brand/type do you have? I'm pretty new in my journey towards healing my back & I need some relief.
    Thanks in advance...I'm loving this thread!

Oh, PS - I put feed corn in our heat packs...makes it a nice moist heat that stays hot for a long time (1+ hours).
  • Memory foam mattress and pillow helped with some pain. Heat also helps and I have an infrared platinum heating pad. I also have massage machines, something like TENs machine. I ordered the posture-pump and waiting to get that delivered soon. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • Without a doubt, my TENS. It is the only reason I can make it through a work day. I run it nearly constantly because it does affect the nerves and pain signals, they decrease a bit (but don't go away completely). As soon as I shut it off the pain is immediately back.
    Jay
  • laz e boy are about the best
    mine like the one in the friends tv series show
    STRAKER
  • i tried lidoderm patches 4 days ago first time since i decided to go back to work and i need to be able to sit. they work very good. some people say that they do not have relive, but i find them helpful. patch is small, but i found that i can move it and it will still work if i develop pain in different area during the day.
  • I want to know about those! You say they are similiar to rice warmer packs. Explain please! Is it a pack to put in your socks? I'm probably being dense here, but my feet are ice cold all the time. I have a little convection heater pointed under my desk, but just got my elec bill, and noticed it was up almost $10.00. Would love to find something I can make or buy to help my feet. I bought an Earth Theraputics at Bi-Mat for my neck. Not sure what is in it besides lovely smelling lavandar and herbs. Very soothing.

Maggie
  • gcrowley310gcrowley310 New Hampshire Posts: 15
    Does anyone have experience with the purchase of a leg-elevating pillow for bed? Is it worth the money?  I tend to be a side sleeper and I use a full-length body pillow between my knees. Lately though, I keep rolling onto my back in my sleep and without the knee elevation, my pain level goes way up. 
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.