Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

ACDF 1-Level... OP Ride Home?

Comments

• I was so drugged up that I doubt if they had let me go home that day I would have hardly noticed. However just for your own comfort if you do end up going home that day just pack extra pillows in the car to protect you from the bumps in the road. The more padding the better. I even did that when I left the next morning after my surgery and for 2 weeks aftward.
  • I had my ACDF on C5/6 two mornings ago and I'm still at the hospital. I'm still in a great deal of pain and I can't swallow anything. When I'm laying down often I have to catch my breath. I am hoping to go home today. They need to wean me off of this pain pump first.
  • advertisement
  • How are you typing from the hospital? They must have WiFi, and you have a laptop? Wow. Sorry to hear about the breathing issue... hope it gets better as soon as you get off the pain machine and get walking more. Yikes. Take care of yourself!

I had a class yesterday that my NS offers... and it sounds like every case is different. I'll just have to wait and see how it goes on the 24th.
  • Good luck. I was really drugged up when they woke me up. I was in a lot of pain and they gave me 5 shots of morphine right away. Yes, the hospital has WiFi, but a lot of websites were blocked.lol

I wish I was still at the hospital. I was much more comfortable there. I can not find a comfortable spot at home. I hurt myself trying to get into bed. Hubby got me out and I won't be going back in there for a while.

I'm still having swallowing issues. My throat is very swollen. It doesn't hurt that bad, it's just the liquid goes down the wrong tube. It is getting better.
advertisement