Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

if i try to do something my lower back aches like hell

advertisement

Comments

• 4X4s and back pain. Now theres a recipe for uncomfortable road trips! I traded my standard shift truck because of the pain of shifting! I had just bought the thing a year and a half earlier! I Love standard shift, cars, trucks etc, I just could not take the added pain of shifting! Itried everything to ekkp that truck! It was my dream Daildriver!
    2001, Dakota, quadcab, Fireengine red, Sport package. the only added options were the sport package and 4.7L V8! Try and find that combination of V8 and 5 speed in a newer truck! few and far between and I had to let it go :( I love the replacement though. An 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with the 4.7L and Quadratrac II. Still miss that truck though. I was raised 100' behind the Local AMC/Rambler/Jeep dealer. My dad started working there in 1954! Dad will be 79 in August and still works there! He "manages" the service side of the place now. It no longer sells new vehicles and is strictly a big used car lot. But dad won't retire, says he would go nuts and mom would kill him if he was around the house all day! So dad works 6 days a week. 8-12 noon.

I guess this has little to do with pain. But hey parents can be a form of pain too! :) I'm impressed that some of us can put up with some of the activities we still do! I may have traded that truck, but I still have the 5 speed manual trans in my 1969 AMC Rambler! I have found I can handle the pain on an irregular basis.

If we give up everything it only seems to make the pain worse.
  • we all love our cars! over here in the uk anything over a 2 ltr is considered large and our government tax us of the road! so you will find that us brits tend to drive nothing bigger than a 2 ltr 4 cylinder manual for tax reasons diesel is around 5.50 a gallon over here its madness the only reason i drive a 4x4 is because its so easy to exit and enter and its very comfy to drive .i love it
    STRAKER
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.